Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Morning all.  It's calm before the storm here this morning.  Some intrepid weather coming later, either snow, sleet or rain, who knows?  But the worst of it will be the plunging temperatures.  By tomorrow morning we'll be seeing some of the coldest temps of the year and it will go on for several days.  I went to my classes yesterday, but tomorrow is looking more and more like a stay home day.  Not up to standing around waiting for buses.  

The electrician came about 9am. I told him I was on my way out.  Besides I already had 5 outlets in the kitchen, I don't need another one.  He said it wasn't the outlets; the inspector wants another line for the outlet behind the sink.  Then he proceeded to show me what they planned on doing.
He said they were going to put a line (meaning a hole) from about a foot above the light switch and over to about a foot off to the side so they could put in the line.  I said, "What about my paint job?"  He told me the plasterer/painter was already there and would be following right behind.  "With white paint.  Have you notice that my walls are off white?"  "He'll get the paint for you.  It will only take us 30 minutes.  Yours is one of the easier apartments.  Let us just get it over with."  I stood my ground.  I had to leave....and good thing I did.

Just as I was putting on my jacket, there was a knock at the door.  It was the electrician's boss.  He came in and tested everything.  All is fine in my apartment.  No work needed.  Had I not held my ground they would have destroyed my living room for no good reason.  I was blessed.

So yesterday was a busy, busy day.  In line dancing I did the Electric Slide, Cuban Shuffle, The Wobble, Saturday Night Fever dance, and the Tango.  So much fun.  Afterwards a half hour of yoga, then meditation.  I am very careful with the yoga.  I know what it can do to me.  Then, in arts and crafts I almost finished my bracelet.
 Just have to put the hook on next week.

Today I'm off to do my banking and to pick up a few things.  Will be too cold tomorrow for sure.  Going down to 4 degrees.

Have an awesome day.


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have been working on it for a couple of months. Very, very complicated.

      Delete
  2. We are already having snow here which began early this morning. It is supposed to get up to three inches but we shall see. Good thing your work is finally done at your apartment.

    Beautiful creation ... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we are getting much snow at all. Just brutally cold weather.

      Delete
  3. Loving your bracelet.
    Hooray for standing your ground.
    Stay warm, stay safe (and send some of that cool weather this way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't want this cool weather. 4 degrees on Thursday. No WW this week for sure.

      Delete
  4. You were very lucky that you stood your ground or you could have had another mess on your hands.
    That bracelet is gorgeous! What a treasure!
    Keep warm and keep dreaming of all the things that make you happy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he tried so hard to let him do it, even said I could leave the keys and he would leave the super. No way do I want strangers in my home without my being there.

      Delete
  5. I read you all the time but haven't commented for a while. But I just had to tell you it will be -30 degrees in Bismarck tomorrow morning. They have already called off the schools, but I doubt they will close state offices, and I work at the State Capitol. Hope my car starts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you fare through the snow and now daring through the cold????

    Yay for standingvyour ground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you stood your ground.
    That bracelet is fabulous, lovely colour.

    Stay safe and keep warm. (roll on Spring)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you see any snow squalls? Stay Warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bracelet! Good for you, not letting the guy in! I am so happy, no work was needed in your apartment! All that dancing sounds like fun! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete