Friday, February 1, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning.  Another week ends.  My week started out with a bang, then fizzled out.  It was a good one, though, and I have no complaints.  Was able to get the things that needed to be done out of the  and also catch up on some much needed rest.

On Monday I headed out to my classes...after standing my ground with the electrician.  Boy, did I ever dodge a bullet.  I've noticed that some people aren't even opening the doors for them.  They're disgusted.  The inspection should have been done a long time ago.  It shouldn't have waited until everyone got their apartments back in order.  We lucked out with the paint job, too.  Even though it's not the best and the floors were left a mess, most tenants had to paint their own apartment.  Management didn't pay for anything.  So now, after everyone is all settled, they want to barge in and punch holes in the wall again?  I don't blame anyone for not letting them in.

Their boss blames it all on the inspector.  But, we all know differently.  When you hire cheap, you get cheap, poorly done work.  When working next door, they actually hammered so hard to make the hole that they went into the next apartment, and in my apartment....
 ...like a hole this big for one small little fixture.

Tuesday I headed out to do my monthly banking and pick up a few items at the store so I wouldn't have any reason to go out in the cold.   
 Took this picture while waiting for the bus.  The Brooklyn Bridge.  Very talented.

Wednesday and Thursday were stay in days. Especially on Thursday.  Temperature went down, way down.  On Thursday morning it was 2 degrees with a wind chill of -14.  No WW for me.  I'd be a fool standing out there waiting for buses for a 45 minute meeting.  I have been so worried about the outside cats, but there is nothing I can do, and it makes me feel so helpless. There is no way I can get to them. The property next door where they hang out is locked,  and when they are not there I have no idea where they disappear to. It is breaking my heart, but there are some things we have no control over. I just pray that they are somewhere safe and warm.

Friday morn and looking like I might not go out again today...although I do have to get to the UPS store to return something.   I had bought some vitamins from Amazon and when USPS delivered it, they just dropped it on the floor by my door.....more like he threw it down.  Hubby and I both heard it, but by the time I got to the door he was racing out the door so I didn't see who did it.  Opened the package, and the bottle was broken.  Now I have to go out of my way to send it back.  Not fair.

Have a good one. 




12 comments:

  1. Stay warm...the weather is changing for the better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness. No exercise the past few days.

      Delete
  2. Yes, these temps have been deadly here as well! Dead car batteries, people stuck on roads and then the snow is back and forth and such.

    IS IT SPRING YET??? lol!

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, even my normally too hot apartment is chilly. The heat just can't keep up with the chill.

      Delete
  3. Today we've gone into the deep freeze too. Staying inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very comfy even inside. The heat just can't keep up with the chill.

      Delete
  4. When will it get better for you and your fellow tenants...wow! All of you just want to go on with your lives but you are all haunted by electricians and inspectors!
    That mural is gorgeous!
    Take care Mary, keep warm and keep standing your ground.
    Sorry to hear about the cats but you can't do anything. I am sure that would if you could 💮

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that mural :)

    Happy February wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Imbolc! I'm glad January is behind us. Although we are still in a deep freeze, but I think freezing rain is on the way, so at least a bit warmer. But I'm with you - too cold and icy means no exercise. :-(
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw on news how cold it is there. I'm glad you plan ahead so as not to go out in cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your vitamins! That is horrible and speaking of horrible, I can't believe that hole! That is bad! Sorry about the cats! I hope you got through the deep freeze well! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete