Monday, February 4, 2019

Monday This and That



Good Monday morning everyone. The temperature has warmed up and going outdoors is bearable again. Didn't have the greatest of weekends.


On Saturday I had planned to go to Target. I had received $75 in Target gift cards for completing my yearly physical and a few tests. Didn't work out for me, though. Woke up Saturday morning with back pain. It was the worst pain I have had since 1992. I couldn't sit, stand, or lie down. Had to use a cane just to get around. By mid-afternoon I was knocked out from the muscle relaxer I took. They have that effect on me.

Picture I took of the snow squall last week.  Snow came down heavy and the wind made blizzard like conditions.  I couldn't catch the full power of the storm, but if you notice you can barely see across the street.  In 20 minutes it was over leaving the ground covered with a layer of snow.

Yesterday I felt a wee bit better, but not well enough to go running about so I used the shopping service available at my supermarket.  For $5 they will shop for you and deliver it to your home.  What a bargain that was....and best of all, if you are not happy with an item, they will come back and pick up the item for return and refund or exchange.  Can't beat that.  It worked out very well.  Got everything I asked for unlike the fiasco with Instacart.  Very pleased. 

Not going to class today.  Don't want to push it.

Have a good one.


9 comments:

  1. Back pain is the worst!!!!!! Rest your back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went for a little walk today. Feels quite a bit better.

      Delete
  2. I hope the back pain goes away as quickly as it came. I know how bad back pain can be.

    That squall was something else. There was a twenty six car pile up near me because of it. Thankfully, I was not on the roads during it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came so quickly and left just as fast. Awesome sight though.

      Delete
  3. I hope your back pain diminishes quickly. I hear you about the muscle relaxants too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the back problem. It can be very, very debilitating sometimes.

    We have also had the calmer, warmer weather here. So glad, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about pain and that delivery sure seem to be a life safer.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your back!!! I hope you are better Mary! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete