Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning.  We come to the end of another week.  For me, it's been an up and down week.  On Monday my back was feeling somewhat better, but not good enough to go to class.  So I headed out to deposit some money in the bank and do a little shopping.  I realized as I was walking that it had been 6 days I had been in the house--first because of extreme cold and then because of my back.

Tuesday wasn't as good as Monday, but I still went out to buy a few meats.  Heck, I couldn't pass up getting out there in that 60 degree weather.  Chinese New Year was being celebrated in my neighborhood all day there were drums, colored costumes, and later, fireworks.  I really wanted to go pick up some Moon Cakes, but once I got home, I just wasn't up to it.

On Wednesday I wasn't feeling so good at all, but I did do some cooking.  Hubby has enough meats cooked and ready to go for about 15 days.  This weekend I plan on focusing on me.  Have a couple different bean soups I want to make.  

Started reading a fun new book.  This magical fairy tale is for teenagers and young adults, but who cares?  You are never too old.  The book is filled with  wonderful fairy tale elements that stir your imagination--witches, curanderas, and characters with  mysterious beginnings.
 When the Moon Was Ours is the second magical realism love story by critically acclaimed author Anna-Marie McLemore. The novel blends Mexican folklore (such as the legend of La Llorona, aka the Weeping Woman) with a diverse romance between a Latina girl with mystical, mysterious beginnings who can grow flowers out of her wrists and her best friend, a transgender South Asian boy.

So darn disappointed at WW yesterday.  Put on 1 pound.  Been doing everything right.  My leader said it's probably due to inflammation. When a part of your body becomes inflamed...like my back...the body immediately sets off an anti-inflammation attack causing excess swelling and fluid. I know this has to be it because although I have gained some during my two years at WW, I have NEVER gained one full pound. Time to focus on an anti-inflammatory diet for the time being. It's basically in alignment with WW minus dairy, gluten, and processed meats. So, no more deli chicken breast until my back heals. And for some, nightshades are no good, but I've not had an issue with them, but I'll cut down anyway. Oh, and no sugar, but I don't use it anyway.

As for today, I'm headed out to buy the ingredients for a nice easy bean soup I want to make tomorrow.  That and a salad should be a tasty dinner a few days this week.  And going to get some walking in as well.

Have a wonderful weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Sodium is awful for diets and I have tried at every corner to avoid it if possible. I know you will get that pound off as you know your own body and what you need to do I am sure.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I found out I had hypertension, I stopped salt altogether in what I cook for myself. When I do have something with sodium it always tastes too salty now. My body has adjusted to it.

      Delete
  2. Books! Love them! They can take us anywhere we want to go! Fantasy, reality, magical places...the list is endless ! YES!!!
    You work hard to eat and use the correct way to lose weight. A one pound weight gain can be corrected. With the walking that you do you already have a tool to lose unwanted pounds.
    Now I am hungry just from reading this post so I will have my breakfast and then move on with my day :)
    Have a lovely Friday Mary~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking positive. It will not be like it was when I originally reached goal. It took me forever to lose that last pound. This time will be easier...I hope.

      Delete
  3. You have inspired me to make some bean soup today. I, too, enjoy reading. It's nice to curl up with a good book and enter a different world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beans and they are a perfect WW food. They are 0 points.

      Delete
  4. I read YA literature from time to time too. Some of it is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refuse to be limited by genre or supposed age group. And often find gems.
    Sigh on the inflammation pound. I hope that your back improves and the extra burden disappears quickly. Some days life is not fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. Just when things were getting back on track for me.

      Delete
  6. When the Moon Was Ours sounds a good read …
    Soups and salads … yummy :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's a fun book. I am enjoying it so much.

      Delete
  7. Have a great weekend. I wrote down the book title to add to my list. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the book so far. I love fantasy and fairy tale.

      Delete
  8. Keep doing everything right...the scales will catch up with your efforts!!! Woo boo to delicious soups this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Started tracking my steps again. An app on my phone, but you do miss out steps with that. There are times I forget to carry it. Hoping to get a new fitbit.

      Delete
  9. Make sure to take care of you! Enjoy your book! Looks like a lot of fun! I'm sorry about the pound, but you'll get it off! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete