Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning everyone.  Weather wasn't as bad as the weather people said it was.  As long for you are dressed for it, it's fine. 

Had a fun day at the center yesterday.  I actually find myself looking forward to going.  Started with Arthritis exercises at 10 am.  Then Wellness Class.  The topic was isolating.  I went through a period of isolating several years back, and I plan NOT to let anything stop me from enjoying life again.  Afterward, there was a presentation on a free phone for the hard of hearing.  Awesome concept and totally free.  Depending on how my hearing test turns out, I might get one.  Did stay for the yoga class in the afternoon.  The two times I tried yoga I ended up in pain for days.  They say it's not for everyone. 

Lunch was so yummy.
BBQ Chicken,  mac and cheese, collard greens, grapes, milk, orange juice, whole wheat bread and butter.  The food here is fresh, unlike the other senior center I tried that served nothing but canned veggies.  It was a real down home Southern meal.

And then they give you a nice sandwich to take home as well.

After I saw hubby off yesterday, my neighbor across the hall came out and asked if I could do him a favor.  I said sure, until he asked me to loan him $20.  The nerve of him asking for money.  He and his brother live with their mom and dad in a 3 room apartment that is much smaller than mine.  They are both in their 30's.  Neither of them work.  In fact, it's a known fact that they sell drugs on the side....and use as well.  Meanwhile, their mom and dad go out to work 7 days a week.  Mom can barely make it up and down the three steps we have to climb to get to our apartments.   I used to feel sorry for the parents, but I don't any longer.  They enable these boys by supporting them.  You'd best believe I told him I didn't have any money.  Even if I had wanted to give, I knew it would be the start of something. And I didn't tell hubby.  He would blow his stack, and I just don't want any trouble.

I started with a lesson plan for this week's class.  I chose to begin with an explanation of crystals and how they work, and for my first stone,  I chose the Amethyst because of its calming and serene energy that helps you to unwind and relax.


For headaches, lie down and place an amethyst stone on the area on you head that you feel the pain.  Close your eyes and picture the amethyst healing your headache.

Placed in any room of your home, it acts as a natural air purifier. 

It helps to clear the mind. Place it near your bed or under your pillow for a better night's sleep. 

Use during meditation for stress relief and better concentration.

Amethyst can be used to ease the pain of arthritis.  Placing it near or on top of the source of the pain will help to block the pain.

It may also help with hearing disorders and tinnitus, supports healthy lungs and digestive track.  The most effective way to benefit from the stone is to sit or meditate next to a large geode on a regular basis.   One can also wear amethyst gems, or hold in the left hand for an energizing meditation experience.  

This morning I'm off to finish up my banking.  Love splitting it up because it gives me a chance to get out of the house.  Of course, that was before I began going to the center so it very well may change in the future. 

Have a wonderful day.



13 comments:

  1. I was at a 70th birthday party on Saturday and the birthday cake was one of those fancy-shmancy decorated ones. It looked like an amethyst geode! The amethyst crystals were made of purple and white rock candy crystals. So cool! It was a shame to cut into it and eat it but we did, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also starting to learn about crystals. I bought a starter kit last week with amethyst, tiger eye, rose quartz, and a green stone I don't remember name now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great starter kit. I love rose quartz and tiger eye.

      Delete
  3. Your day at the center yesterday certainly sounds good, and your lunch looks tasty :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a good cook there. At the other senior center I tried the cooks were heavy on salt and served the same stuff all the time.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good day AND a good meal. NOT so good about that kid asking your for money though. That is kind of crazy. I wouldn't give him any money either. Sounds like his parents are co-dependent on the boys being there and enablers.

    I hope you have a good night. My dad's birthstone was Amethyst and I have always loved the stone. I have a HUGE amethyst rock (crystal) that my son gave me. It is gorgeous!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little treasure of a center was sitting right there waiting for me all this time while I was traveling 2 hours to get to the union center.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe the nerve of people randomly asking for money. How are they not embarrassed and uncomfortable? It's so weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that myself. How in the world could you ask a senior citizen for money knowing they are on social security. Shame on him.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I wish we had a centre like that near here. It would be a great help for all the lonely people - and there is a lot of loneliness around my neighbourhood.
    Yes, that was cheeky...that kid asking for money. I, too, have been approached in that way a few times, although in my case by drug addicts. It makes you feel so uncomfortable, doesn't it?
    I had no idea amethyst could be used is so many ways! As I've been having trouble sleeping since my operation, I will definitely place mine under my pillow tonight! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful info!! I am so grateful...😊😊

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this guy uses drugs for sure....and the two brothers fight. The police have been there many times. Makes me uncomfortable having that going on across the hall.

      Delete
  7. I am so happy you didn't give the money to him!!
    I love amethyst!
    They sure do give you good food at this senior center! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete