Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good morning everyone.  Had a pretty good week despite my ears ringing and my back aching.   Changes in the weather are wrecking havoc on my arthritis.  Will sure be glad when spring arrives.

Stayed in Monday and Tuesday.  Monday was a holiday, and I had no place to go.  Tuesday  I stayed in as well and did a bit of cooking.  Made some pork chops for hubby and some thin sliced boneless breasts for me.  Just put some garlic powder, rosemary, cumin, and black pepper on them and cooked on my grill pan.  Tasted great paired with broccoli. 

They FINALLY PICKED UP THE PACKAGE on Tuesday afternoon.  Have to wonder if it would have happened if I hadn't called Amazon. Actually, I didn't think anything would happen, but because UPS was putting the blame on me as to why it wasn't picked up, I wanted Amazon to know the truth. Well, the Amazon representative asked me to hold and called a UPS supervisor about the issue while I was on the line. Came back on and told me someone from UPS would be calling me. Next thing I knew the area supervisor was called me and by 4 pm the package was gone. About time I got some action. On Friday I was told the supervisor would call me...and to be honest....as of yesterday I was still waiting. Guess I have to call Amazon from now on to get some action from these people..

Went to the senior center on Wednesday.  I love that Holistic Medicine class.  Next week I have to bring in a few of my crystals and talk about how they work.  The social worker teaching the class is an intern, and her last month there will be April.  When she found out I had taken classes on all this stuff she got the idea that I should teach the class after she is gone. I'm kind of excited about it, and next week I'll have a chance to see what it will be like. When I mentioned crystals, she asked me to bring a few and talk about them.  I've got so many ideas--nutrition as medicine, crystals, herbal medication, essential oils, etc.  So excited.  Even thinking of a class on easy to make and cheap anti-inflammatory meals.

This was lunch on Tuesday.  You can see now why I cannot eat lunch there on the day before weigh in.   Pot roast, mashed potatoes, string beans (lots of them), bread and butter, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, and milk.  All this for $1.50.  Can't beat that.

Came out of the center, and this is what I found.  It was coming down.  It was kind of fun.  Been a long time since I have been out in the snow.  I just walked slowly and carefully.  Got maybe an inch or so more than this, and then it turned over to rain.  By then I had been home for a few.  I really don't mind walking in snow like this.  It's the day after that I am so afraid to go out in.  People don't shovel like they are supposed to, and this all packs down into ice.

On Thursday we had a nice day.  Headed over to my WW meeting.  Oh what a gorgeous day it was.  Like spring.  The sun was shining so brightly it was blinding.  Reminder to me to get new sunglasses.  As I get older the sun really bothers my eyes.  I guess maybe it's the cataracts. The snow was all but gone, only a few slushy places left where people didn't shovel.  I was wishing that I had someplace to go, but it's just not park weather yet.  Spring will be here soon.

Today I'm headed over for some sitting balance and stretching exercises at the center, then after having some lunch, will head to do some banking.  Making a day of it.

Have a wonderful weekend.


17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! Yes, if anyone could teach that class, you could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be a great teacher Mary! You love this "kind of stuff" and have the knowledge to teach it. Wishing you good vibes with this new adventure.
    You always make great meals. I leave here hungry most every time :)
    Happy to hear that your package was finally picked up by UPS.
    Have a great weekend 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so happy I went back to that center. They offer so much. I just spent the entire day there.

      Delete
  3. What an awesome week...and your right. The wildly fluctuating temps/weather is wreaking havoc on my arthritic knees!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. My back just aches and aches.

      Delete
  4. That holistic medicine class sounds awesome!

    You are right Mary, you and I are alike with loving to throw leftover food together to make a good meal out of. It is really fun, isn't it?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I have some pernil left in the freezer. Going to make some Shepherd's Pie out of it.

      Delete
  5. Hello, How wonderful that you are going to teach the Holistic Medicine class. What an opportunity to share what you know and to learn even more from those in the class who will share their questions and experiences. This is great! Take care of yourself and be gracious to the you who dwell deep-down in the center of yourself. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised when I was asked to take over. Won't be until April, but I'll be weeded in a little at a time...like next week with some info on crystals.

      Delete
  6. I have ringing in ears...ah ah not fun.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really don't realize how much you value silence until you don't have it anymore.

      Delete
  7. What a great week you've had!
    That holistic medicine class sounds wonderful...and what a fabulous opportunity, to be able to lead it. Wishing you the very best of luck with that!😊😊

    Have a fabulous weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you on teaching the class! That is so exciting Mary! Please take care of your health! That is a lot of food for $1.50! Wow! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even see the meat on your plate until you said it was there so I was like "man, that's a huge plate of green beans." hahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a good week.
    The Holistic Medicine class sounds brilliant, and good for you teaching the class :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete