Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Morning This and That




On Friday, I had planned on leaving the center after lunch, but I ended up changing  my plans and spent the entire day....and had so much fun. So many activities. I started with morning exercise which is actually a form of Tai Chi for arthritis. Then stayed for a half hour of Sitting, Stretch, and Tone and Sitting Balance exercise. Afterwards some played bingo and some of us just had an hour of socialization. During lunch of turkey turkey chili, french fries, broccoli, blueberries, and orange juice, my peer from the holistic medicine class said I should stay for jewelry making class.  I had planned on checking in on it, but I ended up doing more than that. I stayed until 3 pm. Took two class of it at $1 a class....and that includes all the beads and supplies. Can't beat that. Definitely looking forward to next week.

Made this little Boho necklace in my class.  It's not really a class, per se.  There is help if we need it, but we just rifle through the huge box of beads, choose the ones we want, and then work on our own creations.

On Saturday I did my shopping and banking.  It was chilly, but clear day, and I enjoyed the fresh air so much that I chose to walk from one bus stop to the next just to get the air.  By the time I had gotten home, I'd spent four hours out there enjoying the day.  

Got my succulent monthly subscription box on Saturday.
White Fox Succulent.  Originated in Madagascar.  It's an Aloe hybrid, a dwarf Aloe plant.  

They also send me an air plant with each order.  Actually, I haven't known what to do with them other than stick them in my fairy garden.

This is the one that came in this month's package.  


This one came last month.  It's actually doing quite well, and I do believe it may have grown some.

Any suggestions on what to do with them would be greatly appreciated.

On Sunday it rained.  Stayed in and caught up on some reading and preparing for the week to come.  Going to be a busy one.  That's just the way I like it.

This morning I am off to the center. Believe me, if it weren't so close I wouldn't step out there, but it's so easy to get there. The bus picks me up right across the street and drops me off 1/2 block away in less than 15 minutes. No more of that 2 hour then 9 block walk of the other place. Plus, I have the app on the phone that tells me when the bus is coming so I go out just before it arrives.Actually was looking forward to today. I really enjoy the center and the new people I am meeting. Love the activities....and the food. Can't beat it for $1.50. Wait until you see today's lunch. Yummy.

Have a wonderful Monday.

17 comments:

  1. Your Friday at the center sounds like it was a great day!!! And a productive weekend also!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this place. Often said senior centers make me feel old, but this one not so.

      Delete
  2. You are always keeping yourself busy, learning new things, being creative...healthy and great attitude for enjoying life!
    Lovely necklace, too.
    Have a great day!

    Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a buck a class for beading? What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great day...and how you've inspired me to walk more often! Thank you so much!😊
    Your necklace is really pretty. I love all those wonderful blues!
    I have never owned an air plant, so can't really tell you how to care for one. I suppose they will grow almost anywhere...but then I guess they must need water?
    Have a fabulous day!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a week you are supposed to mist them or drench them in water and then shake most of it out. They are not prettiest of plants for sure.

      Delete
  5. Your blue necklace is very pretty.

    The wind is ferocious here. I would love to go out and get out of the house, but they are warning about trees and branches falling down and I am not brave enough to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dressed for the weather this morning, but it really wasn't as bad as the weather people said it was. Of course, I'm here in the city so we don't have as many falling trees and power lines.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you had a nice weekend. That necklace is so pretty ... you are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love keeping busy. After working 50 years of my life, I just can't get used to staying idle.

      Delete
  7. Your weekend sounds good.
    I do like your necklace, it looks lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. $1.00 a class? Amazing! Love the necklace you made!
    Those air plants are funky! The White Fox Succulent is beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete