Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends



This little flower pen is so old.  I bought from a co-worker's 12 year old daughter.  This little girl has grown up now, graduated college, and has become a teacher. 

My little serenity corner.  Sadly hubby killed the palm tree and the money tree by the lamp.  Every time I turned around he was putting another tie on them. I understand that, yes, one does have to tie to help the plant stand up, but he did it so tight and put so many, I think he cut the plant itself off from its nutrients.  

This yummy chicken and orzo soup came from one of my WW weeklies (when they WERE weeklies and not a piece of cardboard)  Tastes just like Lipton chicken soup.--carrots (I used baby carrots), celery, boneless chicken breast (I used Purdue's grilled chicken strips), sodium free chicken broth, fennel, orzo, a dash of lemon juice, and black pepper.  Oh my, so delicious.

My great great grandmother, Constance Mary Hazel.  Born in Stalham, Norfolk, England in 1881.  She lost her dad when she was 3 months old.  Richard, my 3rd gg was only 22 years old when tuberculosis.  My 3rd gg remarried and moved to the United States in 1889.

My son and his girlfriend. 

I adore this picture of my grandson and great grandson.

Healthy diet.  Sticking with it.

Myself, my daughter's childhood friend, my silly daughter (love her), and my son. 

My daughter and I. 


18 comments:

  1. Nice photos, Mary. Your children look like you!

    That chicken soup looks YUMNY!! :-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was a blond when she was a little girl. The image of me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, I was born with dark hair, then it actually turned blonde by the time I was 2 yeas old, then it got brown as I got older.

    BTW Mary, did you want in on my Spring wreath giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, definitely. Just got in. Will visit in a few.

      Delete
  4. LOVE your precious family photos. And am sorry your husband killed your plants with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so mad at him. Told him to keep his hands off the rest of my plants. LOL!!!

      Delete
  5. The some looks delicious. Sorry about the plants :( We have 2 cats that like to eat ours. My bamboo is completely striped of leaves at the moment. We've had to put them up and not have any jump points to the places the plants are lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed. I had them both growing so beautifully.

      Delete
  6. So what is a money tree? I need to go buy one pronto. My husband did the same thing this summer with a huge cactus that had been gifted to us. It was leaning over and when tying to a stand, cut it right in half with the twine. UGH!!
    I love old photos! the one of your granma is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Feng Shui, money tree brings good luck & fortune and are easy to care for....until a man gets ahold of them. It is hard to describe. They are quite common here in the predominantly Chinese neighborhood I live in. I do have a picture which I will show tomorrow for those that don't know.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful serenity corner.
    We get carried away with our plants and give them to much love.
    Always love those old photos.
    You photos of your family are very precious... especially the one with the walk on the pier.

    Happy Valentine's Day ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture should be on a postcard. Awesome father and son photo.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing these lovely family photographs.
    I too like the sweet picture of your grandson and great grandson.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your family photos! Good for you sticking with your healthy food! That soup looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's so precious that you kept that flower pen!

    ReplyDelete