Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On the Road to Wellness

Wow, it's evening already.  I slept most of the day.  Had a bowl of chicken soup earlier, and that's about all I had today aside from ginger ale.  Starting to feel better now. I can't believe how many hours I slept...most of the day.  Now, I am the kind of person that can never sleep in the daytime, so for me to sleep like I did today showed that I must have been pretty burned out.  When hubby came home I told him that I have to stop taking days off to DO things, but have to start taking off for me, to do something nice for me.  

By the way, hubby is kind of iffy about the new job.  He's uncomfortable, and that is to be expected.  After all, he was 11 years on the other job. He had developed so many friendships there.  Luckily, some of them still stay in touch.   He's also concerned that this job has no union, and it's been hard on him sharing an office when he has been alone for so many years.  But, he understands that adapting to his new atmosphere will take time...and as the days go by, he will develop some sort of comfort level.  He also realizes that right now he has no clients to work with which makes for a long and dull day for him.  He's thankful for the opportunity and willing to do whatever necessary to make it work.  

 I want to thank everyone for their kind words and concern.  It means a lot to know there are people out there who care.   

10 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, sorry I missed your post about being sick. Hopefully it's just a little tummy bug or something. And you're right about taking time for YOU! Besides, I believe sleep is one of the best cure all's. Sounds like your body needed it!
    Hope hubby starts to like his job better. That's so hard starting over. time will tell if it's going to work out for him...hope so.

    Now I need to ask if you're still wanting to be in on the giveaway for the Change in a Bottle blog. You have till midnight Sunday, so let me know.

    Ok, you just get feeling better and let me/us know how you are later on...

    hugs..

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you need to take time off to rest - not do more things! (Coming from me, that's a bit hypocritical, but anyway...)

    I am glad you got some soup down - cute pic - and are able to get up for a bit. Nothing worse than a tummy bug - ick.

    I do hope hubby's work environment is something he can get used to without much trouble. Not being in a Union is scary because of job security, but hopefully they can get him busy with clients and work to do so he doesn't feel like he's being wasted there. Sending you both some good energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~i have missed you the last few days and did not realize you were down...sending you much needed rest...well wishes and most definitely some time for yourself...as for your husband i hope he finds his way...for him and you i hope he finds comfort and familiarity in his new job....l♥ve to you...be well and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, one of the best lessons for us working women (and all women work, whether in or out of the home) - take time for us. I've booked a massage for tomorrow. Haven't had one in years. My daughter is getting a babysitter in for her children so she can get her hair done (an unheard of luxury when you have little ones). Must be the time of year....

    Sending both of you warm wishes and brightest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe thaat everyone should take some time for themselves. I would go insane if I didn't.

    I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how our bodies know best? You neede the rest and you needed the chickensoup, heheh. :)
    Your hubby has got another job lined up for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Certainly sounds like you needed that long rest. Always remember to be good to yourself - it is not a selfish attitude like society wants to tell us. Maybe another day off might be good.
    And yes, I am hoping that your husband settles into his new job. It is so hard to make major changes like that.
    Sobeit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure your day of rest did you good... glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better... I agree with you taking some time off for Mary... I get the feeling that you are the kind of woman that don't do that much... Blessings to both you and yours..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to hear that you are feeling better. Yes you do need to take Mary time. You have to do things for yourself that you enjoy. There is no harm in that. However, there is when you don't.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the music on your mixpod!

    ReplyDelete