Friday, February 5, 2010

Another Day, A Better Day


Good morning on the day before the storm hits.    Doesn't look  like we'll be getting much...Well, I shouldn't say that.  We might be getting anywhere from 3-6 inches, and you know how it is, always have to add an inch or so more...but when you compare that to what parts of New Jersey will be getting...it isn't much.  Gonna leave work early today to get my food shopping done.  There is something so comforting about being in your home during a snowstorm and knowing you have enough food to eat.  

I was really out of it yesterday, and ranted a little more than I was prepared to.  Sorry.  It's just that right now I have been feeling burnt out...and this sinus issue doesn't help.  It just keeps coming and going.  Yesterday was one of those days that the old nose ran like a faucet, and my were red and burning.  The heat always seems to get me in the winter. Well, after today I have a four day weekend.  Finally gonna have that wisdom tooth removed on Monday, then will take Tuesday to recuperate..and try to catch up on some much needed rest.  I'd like to thank all of you for listening to my rant yesterday and for your comforting comments.  I've much to feel blessed about at this time.  Hubby could have been out of work for months.  We could have lost our apartment.  But, the goddess watched over us and heard our prayers.

This morning I received the following quote in my email.  It is an old Chinese proverb.  "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."   Wow!!!  Powerful, indeed.   That one line sure does say a lot...and I am sure that many of us can identify with it.  Made me do some thinking this morning...about where I have been, what I have...how I got where I am...and I realize that almost my entire life has been one trial after another...yet here I am...stronger than I once thought I would ever be.  I may complain and rant on occasion, but I am a survivor.  I get over it.  We all have our bad moods once in awhile; we all get up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes.  And we all have days when the our lives and the world around us feels overwhelming, but that is a part of life.  Without darkness there would be no light  and without light, there would be no darkness; that is the miracle of balance.  It is the same with us humans--without pain, there would be no growth...and if there were no growth, there would be no pain. 

7 comments:

  1. I remember when I realized that trials were necessary... Not something you want to have to accept yet it is so true... I would not be who I am or where I am if it were not for the trials I have endured.. That goes for all of us.... You have such a wonderful attitude.... Hope you don't get hit hard by the snow.... My son in DC is preparing for their weekend also... sounds like it could be a big one.. stay warm.. The sun came out here today.. and I can tell you I welcomed him in style.... stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are feeling burnt out, for a reason. Your body is telling you things. And it's best to listen to what your body is telling you. And do what you can, to take care of your body. Please.

    And no need to feel a bit worried, about having ranted. Yesterday, you needed to. If you feel less need to rant today, good. But yesterday, you needed to. Hugs...

    .♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be very cozy cooking lovely things at home while snow is swirling outside. Enjoy your weekend! May Brigid give you an easy wisdom tooth extraction and quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the way I believe is that we get refined thru walking thru the fire. Walking in the fire isn't all that bad once you accept what needs to be done. The fire is a warmth and healing fire. Glad to hear your widsom tooth will be coming out. I am sure that will help you feel better when it is all said and done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your partner found work. Vent when you need to, you have friends around here. X.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one survivor to another, we get through it. And having somewhere to 'Rant' is a necessary part of us...feel free!
    Stay inside all cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~glad you are feeling a bit better...hopefully you are snug and warm with a bounty of food to keep your tummy happy! everyone needs a moment to breath and release...healthy ever is it to let free and just be...beautiful words of written here today...thank you for sharing...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete