Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Morning Ramblings

Good morning all on this back-to-work Monday.  It has warmed up somewhat, but the wind still has quite a chill.  I was thinking this morning that it is just not fair that I should have to go out and go to work in all this cold.  Not that I don't feel blessed to have a job; I most certainly do for in this day and age I could easily be out of one, but heck, I've worked since I was 16  years old, and I will be 63 next month.  My gosh, I have worked for 47 years...enough is enough already.  

Don't  you just love the picture?  I couldn't resist.  Ah, the beauty of spring!  How blessed we are to experience it!...the lush green growth that appears everywhere we look, the freshness of a season that lifts our spirits..and as the flowers and trees blossom, birds and insects chirping...yes, life begins to shine once more.  

To Spring

O thou with dewy locks, who lookest down,
Thro' the clear windows of the morning, turn
Thine angel eyes upon our western isle,
Which in full choir hails thy approach, O Spring.

The hills tell each other, and the listening
Valleys hear; all our longing eyes are turned
Up to thy bright pavillions; issue forth
And let the holy feet visit our clime.

Come o'er the eastern winds, and let our winds
Kiss thy perfumed garments; let us taste
Thy morn and evening breath; scatter thy pearls
Upon our lovesick land that mourns for thee.

O deck her forth with thy fair fingers; pour
Thy soft kisses on her bosom; and put
Thy golden crown upon her languished head,
 Whose modest tresses were bound up for thee.

--William Blake (1757-1827)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a lovely picture. But I'm still not panting for spring.

    But! I do not have to go out in the winter cold, every day. A big diff.

    Happy February!
    .♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~i would love to wander about in the picture above...seeing..touching...breathing such delightful scents wafting through the air...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and lush poem! Spring is the air and I can smell that fresh green air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the picture is beautiful.. so much color... a nice change from the weather as of late .... can you just imagine what that field must smell like... oh I wish I was there....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has really become so close to being my favourite season. I don't think anything can usurp Autumn, but it comes close. The bright green, and the fresh colours, and the warming earth. Sigh. I hope it comes soon!

    ReplyDelete