Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Good Afternoon

Good afternoon, all, on this rainy day in Brooklyn.   Took off work today.  I've been under the weather today and have been in bed all morning.  Seems like something I ate made me real queasy.  Usually my son brings me food home from the restaurant where he works, but Sunday night he didn't work.  And there are a couple places from work we order from all the time, and I trust their food, but yesterday no one but me was hungry...so I went across the street to Popeyes.  Now, I DO love their food, and know how fattening it can be, but I do love their chicken strips, bisquit, and mashed potatoes.  But yesterday, when I went, I saw that they had the calories of all their dishes posted on the menu...and the chicken fingers suddenly began to look pretty scary.  So, I grabbed what had the least calories...a chicken bowl.  Didn't really like it much, but I was hungry...and then last night, I realized I should have followed my intuition for the old tummy started getting queasy and this morning there was no way I was gonna make it to work. 

So, I'm up now and checking things out, but will be heading back to bed soon.  Just wanted to check in to say "hi" to all, and maybe be back later.  If not, may you all have a blessed and wonderful day.

11 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and I will keep you in my thoughts and light a candle for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear you are under the weather.. hope you are feeling well soon. glad you liked the card... by the way I understand what you mean about fancy writing paper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself. I've had food poisoning several times. Once real serious. It's no fun. All times from restaurant's. To many inexperienced people out there. Chicken and rice soup usually helps me to get back on track. X.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Mary - do feel better. Sometimes the chicken fingers are worth the calories!

    Get lots of rest - and tell your son to bring you some good food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon! Brightest blessings and healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checking in to see how you are!!

    *Blog by hug*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwwwww Hon. So sorrry. The dreaded food poisoning, strikes again. :-(

    Hope by now, about 6PM, you are feeling much better.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just caught up with your posts from the last few days and let me begin with saying - I hope you are feeling better! Food poisoning is awful torture. =(

    And so is that feeling of dread about your job. That sort of situation right there is why I decided to finish my degree and leave the residential treatment position I had. The residents had no consequences for their actions, they knew it, and as such treated the program and the staff as pointless as it pretty much was at that point. It's sad and frustrating. You know in your heart that it isn't why you come to work everyday or want to do what you do and I think you handled the late client brilliantly. I wish I had some words of encouragement or hope beyond - just keep doing the best you yourself can do and damn the rest. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary, I so hope you are feeling better. That is no fun, stomach issues.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete