Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends


I love this little angel.  She came with wreathes for every season so she never has to be put away.

One of my favorite desserts.  This year, though, I haven't had much luck with strawberries.  Either they weren't sweet enough or they were overripe on the bottom.  Would be nice if they didn't come prepackaged and you could see this before you buy.

My great great grandmother, Constance Mary Hazel, from Norfolk, England.  So sorry I never got to meet her.  Oh, she was alive when I was born, but mom would not let me have any contact with dad's family, and to put it bluntly, he was sort of a wimp when it came to her orders.  So sad.

Union retiree Christmas party.  Sorry to say I would not go again.  When I heard it was going to be held at an upscale hotel in the city, I expected a nice dinner.  What we got was disgustingly cooked piece of chicken and icky salad.  I ended up getting sick from it.

One of the workers from the senior center.  She is so nice.  If I am going to be late for any reason all I have to do is call and she'll sign me in and hold my card for me.

Two of my uncles--dad's twin and his brother.

Hubby and I.

The beginnings of fall at Brooklyn college.

Love these wax melts.

My uncle George, my oldest son, my aunt Dot (mom's sister), and my daughter.

 My two little singing animals from work--White Boy (because he sang White Boy) and Officer Ron.  I gave each of my co-workers a stuffed animal to remember me by.


 My beautiful dream catcher.

14 comments:

  1. That angel is indeed lovely! I was looking at Christmas trees in Costco yesterday. And it's still September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, they are early. We still have Halloween stuff, but that's about ready to be taken off the shelves.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, those photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your angel and your dream catcher!!!
    I always enjoy your photos of family and friends.
    You and hubby are so cute together and still have the look of love in your eyes.

    Have a Lovely Evening 🌙

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dream catcher is very special indeed.
    And, as always, I love and envy your family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my great grand parents were born here in United States, and I was name after two of my great grand parents.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were many Mary's in my family on both sides so I've no idea who I was named after...if anyone.

      Delete
  6. Really enjoyed seeing your photographs and that angel is lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your angel! The picture of you and your hubby is beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete