Monday, September 9, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good Monday morning.  Still can't believe I forgot all about posting from Thursday on.  My mind has been in a million different places.  Forgive me.  Let's see if I can remember last week.

Ah, Monday the holiday.  Had a quiet time of it and slept all afternoon.  Tuesday headed back to the center.   Went to the early computer class and then the assemblyman and a few other politicians came to speak.  Congratulated themselves on their wins and offered to provide funding for a new senior center; that is, if a good site can be found.  We are all concerned that it might be out of the way for us who rely on public transportation to get there.  

Wednesday I had meditation and socialization.  Had an enjoyable time.  Came home and went to sleep for awhile.  Later in the evening I went through pictures for Thursday's Odds and Ends and then forgot to post.  Forgot all about posting Friday until it was time to get ready to go.  


Did I tell you that the prednisone prescribed for hubby's COPD moved him from pre-diabetes to diabetes. I am pretty sure I did.  His doctor told him what NOT to eat, but NOT what he can eat so I think focusing so much on a new diet for him has much to do with my forgetting to post.  He's so fussy.  I told him he could still have a small bowl of the cereal he loves but not with whole milk.  Nope.  He don't want it so he only boils and egg.  Things like that.  So I bought this book for both of us to read.  He needs a more balanced diet to deal with all his health issues so I am trying to transition him into a new healthier way of eating.

Myself as well. I'll admit it.  I have gotten so far off track, and I have NOT been making any WW workshops.  Finances have been low, and I honestly could not afford the $16 a week they charge for going over goal.  So instead of focusing on eating healthy and losing, I've been eating cakes and ice cream.  Not good.  Not good at all.  So it's back to healthy for me, and once computer classes are over, it's back to WW and my support group. 

Did a huge shopping on Saturday.  All healthy stuff.  Personally, I'm looking forward to getting back to it.  I was feeling so much better.  Even my chronic pain had decreased some, but now with all the sweets, not good.  Yesterday was a cooking day.  Made some poultry, pork, some chili, and some burgers (from extra lean beef).  

Today I'm off to the center this morning and afterwards going for a hair cut.  Can't stand it in my eyes and have been putting it off too long.  

Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

  1. I know you will get back on track. Things can be costly, the close W.W is about 30 miles from me.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthy eating is far more costly than junk food. such a shame.

      Delete
  2. Do what you need to do to help hubby and yourself.
    We miss you of course when you don't blog but then life is more than blogging and you have plenty on your mind right now.
    Keep getting the rest that you need and blog when you can.
    I am not going anywhere and I will always visit you when you post.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. So far so good with hubby. He must be really scared. It says something when a Dominican gives up his rice and beans.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for stocking up with healthy foods!!! That is the first step to getting back on track!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to hell with myself, and I am starting to feel it. Would be a shame to blow all the progress I made.

      Delete
  4. Adjusting to a new diet is never easy and but with diabetes, it is something your husband must do. I am sure with your good cooking that he will. You can find lots of diets and menus for diabetics on line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been looking on line and I'm happy to say he is doing okay. At first he kept saying he'd be hungry in an hour, but now realizes that he is quite full and not after those night time snacks.

      Delete
  5. Take it one day at a time, for eating healthy, with you and your hubby! I know it's hard! Don't worry about not posting! I am always behind in catching up with everyone! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know! I always start my day with an egg, so much goodness in it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete