Monday, September 16, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good Monday morning all.  How fast these weekends fly by.  On Friday they held a raffle for the senior picnic.  Every year there is a senior picnic at the golf course, a beautiful facility, and each center in the area is given only so many tickets.  So the fair way to do it is a raffle.  This year I was one of the lucky winners so I will be sure to take pictures. 

Saturday I stayed in and spent almost 6 hours making gifts.  Did a lot with Celtic crosses. Here's a few...










On Sunday I headed out for the Farmer's Market.  They are only there on Sunday, and I looked forward to it each week.  Unfortunately, I never made it off my block.  Never saw the buses run so bad.  Kept checking the MTA app, and they kept moving the buses up by 10 minutes.  First it said bus to arrive at 9:25, then 9:35, then 9:45 and so on.  After an hour of this I gave up and went back home.  

Speaking of bus stops.  Isn't this disgusting?


I swear, they live like pigs around here.  

Today I'm off to the annual senior picnic at the golf club.  A real ritzy place in a ritzy neighborhood.  Each year all the senior centers are given a number of tickets to be raffled off.  This year I was one of the winners.  Looking forward to a day of fun in the sun.

Have a wonderful day.

13 comments:

  1. yes, time fly so fast...
    as always, great works of you...lovely gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful gifts. Yes, people can be lazy, annoying, slobs (no sense in giving pigs a bad name). I often have to go out daily and pick up trash thrown in my yard. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful around here. I hate to go to the subway station. So much garbage.

      Delete
  3. Love the earrings. I haven't been to our farmer market and it will be ending at end of Sept.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours will be going until November. I hope to get there before then.

      Delete
  4. Good afternoon Mary...I am a bit late getting started today :)
    The earrings you crafted are absolutely stunning...I love your Celtic jewelry!
    So sad to see how some people have no respect for where they live and how it affects others, too :(

    Have a beautiful week~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I would love to move, but that seems out of the question right now.

      Delete
  5. Love those earrings.
    Have a wonderful, wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the earrings.
    Sounds a wonderful day, hope you had a fun time :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your jewellery you made! Congrats on winning! That's too bad about the garbage! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete