Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Odds and Ends

Good morning.  Had a busy day yesterday.  Headed out early to my classes.  I learned that the tough instructor was gone for the rest of the month so I attended the Monday qigong as well as dance, meditation, and arts and crafts.  It was very hot out--96 degrees--but there was a strong breeze which made it quite bearable. 
Made this little pin in arts and crafts yesterday.  It's made from a bottle cap, a cardboard circle, two pieces of material (1 small, 1 larger) some ribbon and a wee flower.

I've been feeling a bit melancholy lately.  The other day as I was looking through my mom's old photo album for some pictures of dad, it suddenly occurred to me that  I'm the matriarch of the family now.  I'm the only one left.  They are all gone--mom, dad, grandparents, my two aunts and my uncles.  All those smiling faces looking out at me from the album....all reminders of another time and place.  I think what hurts the most is that for so many years we allowed
so many years to pass without sitting down to iron out our differences....and now they are gone, and  we never had any closure.

Sat in on a very interesting online class yesterday-- 'Exploring Symbols In Divination'.  So many every day things that we pay no attention to as we go through our daily activities actually have a message for us if we pay attention.  Very interesting and something I plan on learning more about.

When Miss Miss Minga passed she left me several signs to let me know she was okay.
I think this is the most telling sign.  I found it on my phone the next morning.  If you look closely in the corner you can make out her face.
As she got older, her fur began falling out in clumps, but it was immediately replaced by new fur so she had no bald spots.  After her passing I began searching for some of her fur to put in an envelope and place it on her memorial.  Couldn't find any.  Then one day I got up and this was sitting right on the table next to my computer. 
I was waiting for the bus one day shortly after her death.  I looked down and there was a rainbow at my feet. You can see my cane and my boot.  LOL!!! 
 This white feather was found at one of the spots where she used to sleep.


7 comments:

  1. Miss Minga was a talented and witchy kind of cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how very comforting for you!

    Yes, in these horrid political times, it's hard to handle how to deal with close family members who you suddenly realize are your polar opposites. It's seems to be about far more now than just politics one can push aside. and yet, they are family, we love them. It's just so very hard now to do that balancing act. Sorry for the tangent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family believes in the white feather story. When we have lost, there always seems to be white feathers in our sight during the grieving process. It probably is a coincidence and something we look for but it does give comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100 percent about the signs our loved ones leave us after they have passed. I have never been a believer in coincidences and I have always thought that there was a reason (signs, etc.) for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yes, I DO see Miss Minga in that picture VERY clearly indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been so very grateful for those signs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the little pin you made!
    Signs are everywhere! You are so right! You were given some beautiful ones!

    ReplyDelete