Monday, June 25, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  Seems like only yesterday I was starting a new week, and here I am again.  Another new week beginning.  I'm off to my classes this morning.  Not going to dance.  Didn't get much sleep yesterday so I'll go to my later classes.  Went to church yesterday and then did a little shopping.  I am so broke I don't know how I am going to make it to the next check.  I really have to learn how to budget.  I have no control over my spending habits.  I see something an I order it with no concern to my bank account.  Bad move on part. 

Ice cream is my newest addiction.  Started when I made a sundae out of Breyer's new 270 calorie for a whole pint chocolate ice cream.   Was totally WW friendly with 3/4 cup ice cream, fat free Hershey chocolate syrup, and fat free whipped cream.  It started with about 3 nights a week, then went to every night...and then the problem set in.  I couldn't find the Breyer's ice cream.   Can't stand Halo and Skinny Cow gives me a belly ache so instead of giving up my ice cream, I went for real ice cream, and that's been a habit now.  So after eating the last of my ice cream Saturday night, I stopped myself from buying more on Sunday.  Instead, I headed over to produce and picked up some fruit.  Last night's dessert was:
Got some new beads I ordered from Etsy.  I plan on making a necklace of them.  Dragon Blood. Still trying to figure out how I am going to use the two long beads.  Think I will use some jump rings and have them dangle.
Dragon Blood Jasper represents courage, strength and healing.  It is a stone for perception and personal power. According to legend, these stones are the remains of deceased ancient dragons. The green represents the skin and the red symbolizes the blood.

My daughter eloped over the weekend.  They didn't want to take away from my granddaughter's time so they quietly got married.  I love this guy.  He is so perfect for her.  I pray it all finally works out.  This is her 4th marriage and I can't count how many relationships.  Takes after me.  Hubby is my 4th.  I think, although my daughter doesn't come all out and admit it, our relationship issues stem from mom.  We both never got the love we wanted.  Mom was much better to her than she was to me, but my daughter admitted that not only did my 3rd son get all the attention, but she was also verbally abused by mom. 

Sadie Mae went home from the hospital on Friday. 

Last night I took out my grill pan and cooked some marinated boneless pork chops and cut up a nice salad.
Pork was marinated in olive oil, white cooking wine, thyme, bay leaf, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes.  Salad was made of watercress, cucumber, tomato and red onion with a little white vinegar. 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law. The beads and stone look gorgeous!

    BTW, I left a comment on your post from yesterday, but I guess it did not go through for some reason?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some rwason no comments yesterday. Guess Blogger was acting up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter and best wishes to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left a comment on your Sunday post too and I see it isn't there. On your Blogger dashboard, check your "spam" folder under "comments." Sometimes Blogger diverts comments there for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason comments didn't get through yesterday. They used to email me each time a comment comes through but even though I still have it checked off to do so, they don't do it. Will check spam now.

      Delete
  5. Love your beautiful grandbaby. And wish your daughter lots of luck in her new marriage (and her husband too). Eloping so as not to take attention away from her daughter was a lovely gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your daughter! He looks like a great guy! The little one is so cute! Ice-cream can be addicting, it's like chips! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete