Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning.  Weather here has been cooler, but wet.  Sunday and Monday were a mess.  I got drenched coming home from church.  It had been sprinkling when I left, but by the time I got out of church and the supermarket, the rain was coming down pretty steadily.  With a shopping bag in one hand and my cane in the other it was impossible to hold up an umbrella so I just dealt with it knowing that I was on the way home, and once there, I could change into some dry clothes and relax.   Today they are calling for spotty showers so I think I will take a walk to the fruit stand.  Hubby's been eating a mandarin every day, and I am down to the last one.  It's so hard to get him to eat fruit, so I don't want to give him an opportunity to stop. He really needs to keep his immune system up, especially with the cold season coming. Oh, he does take supplements, but food is so much better.

Decided it was best to stay home from class yesterday as much as I wanted to go.  It was really cool, windy, and rainy.  It's a two hour trip, two buses and a long walk once I got off the  bus.  The train, although faster, still would have left me with a walk.  Just a plain miserable day.  So I just hung around the house in my flannel gown.  Yup!  Three days ago it was scorching hot and Sunday night I dug my flannels out.  Going to warm up again tomorrow, though.
Made some cumin seasoned string beans with sautéed garlic and red onions. Added a touch of turmeric as well. I always add it in all my meals for its health benefits.   In Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric is recommended for a variety of health conditions, including  chronic pain and inflammation. Got my grilling pan out and grilled some boneless breasts to go along with it. 

A bit more of my Autumn decorations.  Have to put a couple batteries in the house.  It lights up.  That's the Morrigan standing in the background.  I always find a place for her this time of year.
Got this in the mail yesterday.  Part of a subscription box I had canceled.  White Onyx triple moon necklace.   It's so dainty and pretty.  This will go along well with my "Light and Dark" goodies as white onyx purifies negative energy.

I have some apple and pumpkin strudel wax melts in my burner.  Oh, what a yummy smell.  Going to sip a little ginger tea cause my tummy's been a little off.  Just trying to sit back and enjoy my apartment and fall decor as long as I can.  I saw the mess they made in the apartment next door.--dust all over the place, holes in the walls, furnishings in the hallway.   A disaster zone. I asked if mine was going to look like that to and was not happy with the answer I got. Oh my, I'm dreading it. But for now, I will sit and enjoy.

Have a good one.

7 comments:

  1. Your last few recipes are giving me some great ideas for meals ... that green string bean and grilled chicken sounds heavenly!

    Yes, we have been getting the same weather here as well. I rather welcome the cooler weather but the dampness and rain I can surely do without.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I also wanted to say that I really love your new fall header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kim...yummy food and a great autumn look to your blog!!!
    I am so sorry that you got soaked coming home from church. Be careful! This is the flu season now.
    Lovely fall decor and a very pretty necklace.
    Keep Warm and Dry~

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I would love some of your rain. We have been in drought so often I always welcome it.
    I hear you on the difficulties of getting the man in your house to eat fruit. Or vegies in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is/was the perfect weather to stay at home dressed in flannel....I know first hand...cuz while I braved it once or twice this weekend I was in my flannel pants and a treshort lounging at home most of the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turmeric in recipes can be so yummy and it's good for you too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those beans look so good! Love your Autumn decorations! I really hope your place won't be in that much of a wreck! Love the necklace! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete