Saturday, September 15, 2018

And It Begins

Posting will be sporadic for the upcoming week.  They knocked on my door last evening and are starting the work today instead of  Monday.  I'm tired, so tired.  Been rushing all night to finish protecting my goods.  
And this is just the stuff from my living room.  I piled the books onto the sofa and will cover with plastic.  They took off the cover of my neighbor's sofa and put their tools on it, ruining it.  I figure with it covered in books, they won't get the same idea here.  All this from one room?  When did I get so much stuff?

So, I'm thinking I'm going to get off lightly anymore.  Turns out I am Ground Zero for my line.  That means, all four apartments above me are attached to my line so my little foyer is going to be pretty torn up.  I also thought that since I had 3 outlets and switch overhead lights in the living and bedroom I'd be okay, but turns out they are going to put more outlets in each room and rewire the overhead lighting.  This is going to be the week from hell.  

Just letting you all know that if I don't post, I haven't disappeared again.  I can't find the cord to charge my laptop and can't type too well on my phone.  I'm here, just waiting for the nightmare to end.

8 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts, Mary and wishing you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor dear. I will miss blogging with you for awhile but I totally understand your situation. That was terrible what happened to your neighbor and not professional at all!

    If you cannot blog, please do not stress yourself over it.
    Wishing your hubby the best through all of this with his COPD.

    Hugs to You Both ๐ŸŽƒ❤๐Ÿ❤๐Ÿ‘ป❤๐Ÿ‚❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower. I, too, am in an upheaval having just moved and had internet brought to the new place. Nice to "meet" you. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Kwan Yin assist you -- the zen goddess who calmly rides the stormy seas of life in her little boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. Holding you (and everyone in storms way) in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! How awful! Hopefully they won't make too much of a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck Mary! Thinking of you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete