Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Enough is Enough

I'm not doing very well right now.  I'm struggling to hold on, but enough is enough.  Still living in a war zone.  14 days now on a job that should have been done a week ago.  It seems that the painters they hired to do my apartment not only doesn't know what he is doing, but also allows himself to be intimidated by others.  Like today.  Yesterday I was told that they would be here early in the morning to finish the plastering in the bedroom so they can paint.  So, I had to wake hubby up early, and he went out to sleep in his car.  Meanwhile, they didn't show up here until 10:30 (they keep banker's hours).  After a brief walk through, the boss said the worker was going to go upstairs and give a one coat to that apartment, then be back to me in short while.  Finally, at 1:30 I had enough and went upstairs in a tiff.  He came running down and went to my bedroom and only did along the walls...forget about the ceiling.  At 2:30 he tells me he will be back at 12 tomorrow.  12?????  What's with that?  And where did he go?  He went upstairs to finish their apartment.  So not fair.  Tired of being the nice old lady.

Meanwhile, I have holes in my bedroom ceiling, a small hole in the living room ceiling where he screwed up, the bathroom still has a hole in the ceiling and painting has begun.  I have a hole behind my stove and my refrigerator. The kitchen outlets haven't been touched.  Plaster covers my floor.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  Calling management the first thing tomorrow and demanding this be done as well as money off my rent.  If not, I am calling the city in.  I'm a senior citizen and should not have to live like this.   

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice.  The electricians broke:


Our first anniversary portrait.  Hubby and I had bought new outfits for our special night out and had our portrait done.  This was not a normal picture that we just need a new frame.  The picture itself was glass.  

In wood shop class in school, hubby had made a llama on an oval of wood.  He made it in 1972.

They broke the door on my microwave cabinet. 

I know there is something else they broke, but my mind is gone right now.  Definitely time to stop being the nice guy and fighting back.  

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for you Mary and your husband.
    I can feel your frustrations... literally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry. It is most definitely time to fight back. Hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not blame you one bit ... do whatever you have to do! It gets both frustrating and tiring having to constantly fight back for everything we should not have to in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary, I have no words except I am sorry that you and hubby are going through this. I am sorry they broke your beautiful picture. I'd start calling everyone and their mama too, raising a fuss. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!!! This is getting ridiculous!!! I hope you get some satisfaction when you call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just crazy! CRAZY!!!! I love that picture of you on glass. OMGOSH- I just realized that you said they broke it. How awful!!!! Praying for some peace of mind for you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I can feel your frustrations as you were writing this post. It is not right and I do think it's time to fight back.

    Thinking of you and sending good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry Mary! This is not fair!! Kick some ass Mary!! I'm thinking of you!!!! I am so sorry about the portrait of you and your hubby! Breaks my heart!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete