Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends



My two sons when they were little.  I think we had gone to Dorney Park in Pennsylvania.
Took this picture of the Verrazano Bridge on a rainy day.
The large fruit stand I go to for my fruits and veggies has a lot more than just that.  They also sell a lot of different products from Italy.  I tried this tomato sauce....delicious.  They've been out of it for awhile but I keep looking.  One day it will show up again, and I'll grab a few of them.
5th Avenue in Brooklyn.  Stores in both directions as far as the eye can see.  Whatever you need, you will find it here....and cheap.
I really wanted my hair this color, but once my stylist told me I'd have to bleach all the color out to get it, I decided I didn't want to go in that direction.
My granddaughter Ayva.  She wouldn't leave my side that night.
Bought myself some paper dolls  awhile back.  Reminders of my childhood.  I had boxes and boxes of them.  My grandfather and I used to drive to the small town every Saturday morning and he would give me a dollar to spend.  Guess what I bought?  My poor grandmother had to hide her magazines and catalogs because I was always cutting them. 

This one is very cute.  Please note*  I haven't cut any of the paper dolls out and played with them.  LOL!!!  It's just a memory thing with me.
My grandson, Scott.  He fought in Afghanistan.  Had some problems with PTSD when he came home, but he is doing well now.
This was our art teacher.  I am so mad at him.  One day he simply disappeared and the class was over.  Everyone has a right to move on, but he could have at least said good bye to everyone and let us know he wouldn't be back.  The first week he was gone we sat there for a whole hour waiting for him.

7 comments:

  1. I like these eclectic posts you're doing! Glad your grandson is doing better after his PTSD. And I played a lot with paper dolls when I was a kid too. Such a low-tech pastime -- I'm sure no one plays with them anymore today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I gave my great granddaughters paper dolls for Christmas, and they were both polite, but they really did not look interested. You don't even seem them in stores anymore. Had to order these from Amazon.

      Delete
  2. I always played with paper dolls when I was small. I even designed my own clothes for them with paper and crayons and then cut them out. I kept each set of paper dolls in their own shoe boxes :)
    I love enjoy your photos from the past. Thankfully I have them, too.
    It is good to know that your grandson is doing better.
    Your art teacher should have let someone know but maybe something happened that he didn't or couldn't share.

    BTW...I love that color that you wanted to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your grandson is doing better. PTSD is a truly vicious beast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased that your grandson is doing better after his PTSD.

    Remembering paper dolls took me back, I used to like them.
    Our youngest grand-daughter loves art and craft - I wonder if she may like these - perhaps I'll get some for her and see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post!!!! I love the windows it gives into your world and life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your grandson is doing better! Your paper dolls are so precious! Love that picture of you and your granddaughter! That was rude of your art teacher! Not nIce! Big Hugs Mary!

    ReplyDelete