Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends


A few years back my hair was very long.  All I did was pin it up in a ponytail so I decided enough was enough.  I had it chopped short and donated my hair for wigs for cancer patients.  It's been short ever since.
 From the above, to this.  Now I keep it even shorter.
This is one of the oil paintings in my living room. Wish I could say I had done it.
I bought this plate in 1993.  It is a limited edition that plays "Over the Rainbow".
My son gave me this little doggie cook.  I treasure it.
I would have to guess that this candle is about 10 years old now.  It's called "Fruit of the Vine".  It smells heavenly, but I cannot bring myself to light it.
This is the book that introduced me to Indian spices.  I can't even count the number of stickies I have in this book.  She has a new cookbook out that I have to get.  "The Malaysian Kitchen".  Seriously great reviews.
I thought this plant was so pretty when I bought it a few years back.  Wasn't long before it started dying.  I tried everything to save it, bought nothing worked.  It was then that I discovered there were no roots to this thing.  The store had just stuck these pretty leaves in the dirt.
This little glass merry-go-round is about 20 some years old. It used to play a song and turn.  It doesn't anymore, but I think I can get it working.
And finally, meet hubby.  I speak so much about him.  It's about time you meet him.  I love this man.  He is my hero.

9 comments:

  1. I like your hair shorter. I also had my hair long for many many years until I finally got tired of dealing with it. The older I got, the thinner IT got and so chop! lol

    Nice pics and nice to finally meet your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long hair is too much to care for as we get older. I like your short cut.

    I wish I could indulge in Indian spices, but my stomach says no, no, no.

    I love the big smile on your cutie’s face.

    big smile on your beloved’s face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful long hair...cut and donated for a worthy cause. Thank you.
    Such wonderful treasures, all.
    Such a shame for the store to fool people with a plant that isn't one.
    Hi!...to Hubby💮

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightfully eclectic post! And a super photo of your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your hair! Beautiful. The colorful leaves in the pot look to be a combination of cordyline and croton. I've seen people grow very large and happy croton in their houses up north.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big hello to your hero.
    Love that use of your long hair - and your new 'do' and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo of your husband …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done locks of love before. I e thought about it recently but my boyfriend likes the long hair so I keep it for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hubby! Adorable he is! Love your hair short! That is weird about the plant? There was actually no plant? Love your collection of items! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete