Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Morning This and That

 Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.” 

 Leonardo da Vinci

Good morning everyone. Another Monday has arrived.  I had a nice quiet weekend.  On Saturday I fixed myself a nice bowl of fruit and headed off to the park.  I absolutely love this weather.  No heaviness to the air. It feels so much like fall that I have been digging out my autumn recipe books and skimming through them. We did have a wee bit of rain, but that's okay with me. I love hearing the raindrops hit the air conditioner.


On Friday I went to the fruit stand and came home with quite a lot of loot.  That white chocolate is the best I have ever eaten.  Not pictured are the whole wheat pita and breakfast bars I also picked up.  It's funny.  Before I retired I had all these plans to make fabulous breakfasts for me and hubby.  I even bought a box of pancake mix and syrup to get started.  Never even opened it so I guess it is time to heave it out.  I just don't feel like cooking when I get up.  Cooking dinner is enough.

 
This is what I have for breakfast every morning along with a banana. I like that they are not crunchy. For some reason, I don't like crunchy foods.

On Saturday I made myself a tuna on whole wheat pita, packed some cherries, and headed off to the park. I'd planned on working on a tree exercise I found in a book I've been reading, 'Spinning the Web: Wise Women in Autumn", but the little Chinese man with the magical instrument arrived, and all my good intentions were set aside. I'm never been able to meditate, but this man's music brings me so close to a trance-like state. 




Dinner was beef chili, yellow rice, and avocado salad.  This is my plate.  You can see why I can't lose weight.  I eat way too much.

On Sunday I attended Church in the morning and spent my afternoon watching Leverage. That's one of my favorite shows, and although they show the same reruns over and over again, I never miss them. I just can't understand why they would take an award winning show off and replace it with crap. Personally, I am so sick of these reality shows. There is absolutely nothing 'real' about them, and some of them are just plain stupid. Who cares what the pawnbrokers are buying? I am far more worried about keeping food on the table and a roof over my head.

Well, guess it's time to get ready.  Now with lunch only a quarter for the next month, I have to get there early so I don't lose my seat. My peer came in at 8:45 and her seat had already been given away.  Not fair to those of us who attend on a regular basis.  Once this month is over, we won't see half of these people again.  In my opinion certain tables should be reserved for the non-regulars.  

Remember.  The way you start your week can affect the whole week.  Make it a good one.






















1 comment:

  1. We have to notify the cafeteria people a day before we plan on coming in to eat.
    Which sux, but that we are informed if the place is at full capacity.
    Sure wish our Senior Center was as generous about the price they charge us or gave us a little extra on our plate instead of watching them throw it away.
    Enjoy.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete