Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Wee Bit of Nothing

 Whenever you are creating beauty around you, you are restoring your own soul. 

Alice Walker

Good morning, everyone.  We've had some lovely weather here, but that's about to change. We're in for a bit of humidity and some rain.  Amazing we haven't had a heat wave this summer, a couple of 90 day temps here and there, but nothing long term, and there are none forecast for the near future. I'm glad.  I was worried for hubby in the summer because of his breathing issues, and Miss Minga.  I can't keep the AC on 24 hours every day, can't afford it.  Thankfully, I haven't had to make the choice this year.

Had an interesting evening last night.  Watched 'Gone With the Wind' on Livestream with 50 other kitten watchers. The mama and her babes are rescues, and the person that sponsors them is allowed to do the naming. There have been the tea kittens, the kite kittens, etc. These were named after GWTW.  The babies names are Ashley, Stuart, Brent, and Butler.  Couldn't have Rhett because a cat at the shelter already has that name.  The foster mother for the GWTW kittens put a video on and we were able to watch the film, chat, and watch the kitties at the same time.  I think I am one of the few people who never saw the movie. 


This is my newest acquisition...a coffee plant.  It is supposed to be an excellent indoor plant which can be grown into a tree 3 to 5 feet tall or a shrub.  Haven't made up my mind yet what I am going to do with it.  For now, lets just see if I can get it to grow.

 My herb is really taking off.  These are the only herbs that grew.


My Moon Flower is starting to bud.  I planted this one from seed.  Will have to check after dark to see if the flower is opening up yet.


The above plant is growing so large I can't get the whole thing in one picture.


This is the second part.  It us growing too large for the window sill.  I am stumped as to what to do with it.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Your plants are beautiful! I have a window garden too, and I have put some of the plants on a bench beside the window because they do not fit on the sill. Maybe you can find a small footstool, or even some bricks, anything to raise it up close enough to the window to get sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you put that big one in a hanging basket?

    ReplyDelete