Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Strange Thing Has Happened in Dreamland



In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.

Steven Kloves


Good morning, everyone.  Tuesday.  Tiu's day.  Tiu  is the English/Germanic god of war and the sky. He is identified with the Norse god Tyr. In ancient Greek it was 'day of Ares' and in Rome, the 'day of Mars'. The weather has been great, a little more humid than I would like, but it has been clear and sunny. And the nights have been cool.  Good sleeping weather.  Speaking of sleep....

Aside from a few rather serious, lucid dreams, most of my recent dreams have been about farming--growing vegetables, raising animals, etc. Usually, I can never seem to get caught up, and I take some flack from the boss. I never really see this boss. But he is always issuing orders.  For the heck of it, I posted one of these dreams on a dream site and was informed that these are probably some past life memories trying to come to the surface.  Interesting concept, but far from the truth.

Actually, I have become addicted to the farm game 'Hay Day' where you raise crops and raise animals for eggs and milk.  And, as you proceed through the levels, it becomes harder and harder to keep up.  There are my dreams in a nutshell.  They are a continuation of the game.  This is why when one tries to analyze a dream, it is important to consider what is going on in the person's life at the time of the dream. 

The dream did spur me on to do a search for on my first boyfriend.  Remember, he came up in a dream not too long ago?  Well, his family were farmers so I spent some time yesterday on Google Earth searching for the farm.  No luck.  Then, I went on to Ancestry.  I did find someone who could possibly have been him.  Too bad my memory of him is so bad.  I do remember that I was a year older than him, and the Richard I found was born in 1948.  Unfortunately, he passed away in 2011.  No family members are listed in the information I found so I may never know.  

Now, back to the dream.  It's taken a turn that I am not too happy with.  Over the weekend I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.  Hubby had fallen asleep with the television on again.  I just didn't feel like walking around the bed to get the remote to turn it off so I just climbed back into bed.  The television doesn't bother me.  So, I am lying there and listening, and I hear this man crying.  "I killed my wife because she killed my children.  She had to die."   There was something about this man that made me shudder.   Hubby said it was actually, a good movie, 'Shutter Island' with Leonardo DiCaprio.  Most likely it is, but not when you are in that mysterious space known as 'threshold consciousness.'

SO THE NEXT THING I KNEW THE MAN WAS IN MY DREAM.  Yes, there he was crying about killing his wife in my dream.  And, it didn't end there.  He showed up  in my dream on Sunday night and then again last night. This has never happened to me before, and to be honest, I don't want him there, but don't know how to get rid of him.  Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! Maybe try doing a banishing ritual right before bedtime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I have a few suggestions. When I want to banish a spirit I usually try the gentler ways first, so first, why don't you just ask him to leave. If that doesn't work, use the smoke from burning sage - an old standby and it works some of the time, If it doesn't it may be time to bring out the bigger guns, like a small bowl of ammonia in the room (not too close to the bed and if this is a danger to miss minga, then don't do it, although I doubt she'd go anywhere near it. Ok, if that doesn't work and/or it gets worse, then here is my big gun recipe. Put a sponge in the bottom of a bowl (cut it to fit if you have to.) Then add to the bowl some ammonia, laundry blueing (I cannot get it where I live but I'm sure you can (especially in ethnic neighborhood food stores) I think you could order in online if you can't find it. Add some onion skins, and leave it out not too close to the bed. Again if Miss Minga will get into it, then don't chance it.Maybe you can put it up high on a dresser where she doesn't go. I did this once when I had a terrible haunting problem in an apartment I lived in and it was the only thing that worked. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been times when I've had terrifying dreams and when I'd wake up from such a dream, I'd call out to Christ Jesus, knowing that by my calling out His Name that I'd be able to get back to sleep without having to worry about the continuation of that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those aren't called dreams, they are called nightmares.
    Jus funnin with you Mary.
    I know how scary dreams can be. Twice in my life I have been unable to wake my body up. Felt paralyzed and couldn't move a muscle. Forget what that is called, but it's no joke when it happens to you.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earlier this summer the evening after having my wisdom teeth pulled that afternoon, I fell asleep in front of the TV while sitting in the recliner. The next thing that crept into my threshold consciousness was all of the sounds and terror of someone having their teeth pulled out as torture. All of that was coming right into my dream (nightmare). Finally my normal consciousness must have kicked in and woke me up just as that horrible movie was ending. It was some awful movie that had come on while I dozed. I never knew there were any movies like that. I kept having what I would call sort of flashback dreams to that TV inspired nightmare several more times as I was dozing off and on after the dental work. I was telling my husband about it, and he said yes there is a fairly well known (not to me) movie that has someone being tortured that way. He said the name of the movie and I had never heard of it. I think I must have kept clicking the remote after I had fallen asleep and ended up on that stupid movie. I don't normally have the TV on channels that show anything like that. I learned from that experience if I am feeling sleepy but not ready to lay down, I need to put on PBS and put the remote away from me.

    ReplyDelete