Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Roundup

 Now is the time of the First Harvest,
when the bounties of nature give of themselves
so that we may survive.
O God of the ripening fields, Lord of the Grain,
grant me the understanding of sacrifice as you
prepare to deliver yourself under the sickle of the
Goddess and journey to the lands of eternal summer.
O Goddess of the Dark Moon,
teach me the secrets of rebirth
as the Sun loses its strength and the nights grow cold.

Scott Cunningham
 Happy Lughnasadh/Lammas everyone!


Good morning everyone. Yippee!!!  Friday is here.  Going to be a quiet weekend for me.  Although I had wanted to go to the Center yesterday I chose instead to run my errands.  And now that I have everything I need, I plan not to leave until Monday.  I am very rundown at this point and this rest is necessary.

I cannot believe that August is already here.   It is the time of the first harvest.  On Wednesday I received $32 in coupons for the Farmer's Market.  Won't be going to the same place I went last  year.  Total ripoff.  I came home with just about nothing.  It's a sin when they rip off the poor that way. 

So, what do I have planned as far as a Lugnasadh/Lammas celebration goes?  Actually, not much.  It just came so quickly, I had no time to plan, but by evening I am sure I will find something to do to honor the harvest.  I've plenty of candles in the house and harvest foods.  Even if I just read from my book of days. 

As you can see, I am not too talkative.  I am just tired, so very tired.  I am not sleeping well at night, and during the day is out of the question.  Miss Minga will not have it.  A short nap in my chair will suffice...as long as she can curl up at my feet.  It's draining taking care of an aging cat, but I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything in this world.  I'd do anything for my baby.  

Wishing you all a weekend filled with joy and laughter.  See  you on Monday.



1 comment: