Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Roundup

 Friday. The golden child of the weekdays. The superhero of the workweek. The welcome wagon to the weekend. The famous F word we thank God for every week.

Unknown


And a happy Friday morning to all.  Funny, I thought when I retired that Friday would be just another day, but old habits die hard.  Even though every day is basically a 'free' day for me, Saturday and Sunday are still considered the weekend.  I may think that Thursday is Friday at times, but I never forget Saturday. 

Had a nice time last night.  We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and shared lots of pleasant conversation.  Hubby was a bit uncomfortable at first, but it wasn't long before someone he knew showed up, and from there on he had a great time.  It is so nice of the church to do this for us, but where do they get the money to do this every week for the entire summer? 

Hard to believe we are halfway through summer now.  Hasn't been a bad one.  I think here in the city we only hit 90 once, and even when it has been humid, there was always a breeze made it all bearable.  And even though it hasn't been that bad, I still find myself looking forward to the fall.  There is just something about Autumn.  I love the feeling of the leaves crunching under my feet, the colors, getting the fall clothing out, harvest vegetables, baking.  The list goes on and on. 

Not much on tap for the weekend.  If that check comes back from HIP I will have to head to the bank to deposit and withdraw.  That's two buses, darn it.  I am really quite angry, but am holding back until the check has cleared.  Then I plan on getting busy, contacting the free lawyers they have here for the elderly and finding what my recourse is.  Yes, they are sending the money back, but not until I ended up paying a $30 late charge and having to do all this extra running around.  

Hubby said it is fraud.  The money order was made out to my landlord.  Taking that check and cashing it, mistake or not, is illegal.  When the party who opened the check saw the amount, they should have looked to see who it was made out to and immediately sent it back.  Not apply it to my penalty for 96 years.  And what kind of bank do they use?  When I deposit a check in my bank, they go over it with a fine toothed comb--check for the date, the name on the check, the account number, etc.  Didn't their bank do the same thing?

Well, I'm not going to carry on any longer about it.  Nothing I can do right now, and I just get angry talking about it.  I'll have my day to be sure.

And with that, I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  May you find peace, joy, and rest.

4 comments:

  1. I've been retired a few years myself, and Friday is still my favorite day of the week. :) have fun this weekend, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time at the grill.

    Have a pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you got out as a couple and had a nice time.:0)
    We have nothing like that here. :0(
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete