Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Tuesday Rants Sorry!!!!

So the never ending nightmare continues.  Yesterday my niece texted my son that the medical examiner called her.  It seems my sons death was Covid related. An accident.  Must have gotten dizzy, fallen, and hit his head. We knew that he had a head injury.  Problem is, we don't want the medical examiner contacting my niece  for anything.  I am his next of kin, the administrator of his estate, or should I say the 60 cents that is left in his estate after my niece stole it all. Took me several phone calls and an email message to finally get someone from the medical examiner's office, but finally a very nice woman got right on the phone to call me after reading my message.  From now on no information will be given to my niece.  Whew!!!  Now if I can get the credit companies to work with me.  Even with the Administrative Order from the court they are either ignoring me as Netspend is or giving me a hard time as Chime is.  

And if all this crap isn't enough, I got a letter from the city stating that the building owners are trying to recoop some of the money they spent for the re-wiring job a couple of years ago.  They are trying to charge us tenants $30 a room.  That's an extra $90 a month for me. We can't afford that.  We are living check to check as it.  I'll lose my apartment if they win.  And I am sure we are not alone.  Those with four rooms are in for a $124 a month hike if they win.  So we my neighbor and I are forming a tenant's association.  We will be giving out fliers this weekend.  What is on our side is the fact that it seems no electrical rewiring has been done since the house was built a hundred years ago, and, according to the law, tenants are not liable if 'the work was done on a system that has outlived its useful life. Our building was definitely not up to code. I would definitely say this qualifies. 


This is only part of the mess I was left with, and believe me, it took a lot more than just a little water.   

Sigh.  Does it ever end?  Do we ever find peace in our lives?  It seems that lately it's been one thing after another.  

Oh well, I have done something I have debated doing for a few years now.  I have joined OBOD, Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids and am currently proceeding on their Bardic course.  It's much different from that of NOD, New Order of Druids, who classes were more like shadow work.  OBOD calls for a lot of looking within too, but in an altogether different manner.  It's not psychologically based as NOD was.  Of course I am only one month in now.  That all could change, but it appears OBOD is more about the teachings of the ancient Druids, the mythology, beliefs of, methods of divination, etc.  

Yesterday I lost track of my days. Attended a morning health meeting, but then decided to skip the rest on schedule since I was busy in the kitchen. Didn't want to be running back and forth and burning food. So, at 4 pm I get my old laptop up and prepare for the 4 o'clock listening group. After sitting for 10 minutes it hits me that it's Tuesday, not Wednesday. Ooops!!!! Later I look at the schedule and find out that there won't even be a group on Wednesday. It's over. Okay, so that makes for a quiet day for me. I have my 10 am Gameday and the only other class I had scheduled with the YMCA starts at 10:45. That lets that out. Overlapping times.

Have a wonderful day.


12 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you and all that you are going through.
    You haven't even been able to mourn the loss of your son in peace.

    It sounds to me as if your building managers are just looking for ways to raise their tenants rent...what a kick in the stomach in this time of covid-19

    Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems that way to me too. My feeling is that renters in the building didn't pay their rent due to Covid and now the managers are trying to make it up however they can. After all, why wait 2 years?

      Delete
  2. What your niece did was terrible, Mary, and I am so sorry that you have to go through this aggravation after the loss of your son. I wish you some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you best of luck with your new tenants association and fighting the rent increases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have done this a long time ago. None of us can afford such a large rent increase. We have to fight it.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to read this - and very glad that you persisted with the medical examiners office.
    And yes, it does sound as if you have the right of it about the wiring issue. I really hope you succeed there too.
    This has been a shocker of a year for too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They waited over two years to do this. We are totally going to fight this.

      Delete
  5. I am just so sorry that you are experiencing all of this at the moment. One thing is bad enough but you seem to have more than your fair share of things to deal with.

    I think the tenants association sounds a good idea.

    Sending positive thoughts your way

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far everyone I have spoken to is going to fight it and refuse to pay. Keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. All druid and things like that would interest me very much. I did zoom get together and talked up pagan journaling. So sorry about your sons estate it not right to do that to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry about what you are having to go thru with your son's death. and I think you need to find an attorney that deals in rent/landlord issues..for the whole building..

    ReplyDelete