Monday, October 5, 2020

Monday This and That

Good morning.  We've had a pretty cool weekend here.  Real fall like weather has arrived, and I am loving it. Not much has been going on here.  On Friday I had no classes as they canceled my 4 o'clock which brings up the following.  Why do people think they know how you are feeling, how you are SUPPOSED to grieve and what you want. 

One day I was in my cooking class, and it somehow came up that my son passed.  The few people who hadn't known about it offered their condolences and then the class moved on.  That's what I wanted.  That's why I was there.  I attend these classes for a diversion.  Believe me, not a day goes by that I shed my tears, but I don't want to talk about my grief in every class I take.  There is so much pain and heartache in the world from which these hour classes offer a chance to escape.

So here is what happened.  There is a Thursday class which I choose not to participate in.  It's a class that was started at the request of one individual, Susan, to talk about our feelings and our fears.  I took one of the classes, and when one of my peers talked about how he chooses to stay positive instead of giving into the negativity and was quickly shot down by Susan who chooses to stay in the negative.  That turned me off so I never returned.

This past Thursday since I wasn't there Susan decided to attack my peers who had been in my cooking class about how they should not have changed the subject and allowed me to talk about my grief.  One of my peers called me up after the class in tears because she had been made to feel that she hurt my feelings.  I felt so bad because Elaine is someone who has been with me since the day my son died.  Susan just found out and NEVER reaches out to me like Elaine has. I am just so annoyed.  When I see my peers in Wednesday's Game Day class, I will offer my apologies to everyone who was insulted by Susan.

On another note, I canceled meals from the city over a week ago, but last Sunday they showed up and again on Wednesday.  Sunday I sent them away, but Wednesday I decided 'what the heck' and took the meals. Glad I did because none of them fully went to waste.  I took the chicken strips and some of the veggies from two of the meals and made the following stir fry. 


Chicken strips, peppers (green and red), onions, cauliflower, broccoli, garlic powder, onion powder, and Vandaloo curry seasoning.  So good and was enough for two meals for me.

Hubby ate the shrimp for lunch one day and the salmon on another day.  They are such small servings that he had with some corn bread I made.  I ate the pasta meal as a side dish for the chicken and the meatballs are still in the freezer for a later date. 

We had planned to go to our favorite Sunday spot yesterday but it was kind of cool, and hubby was really tired although he wouldn't admit it.  When you are with someone for 29 years you get to know them perhaps even better than they know themselves. So he curled up under the covers and I watched my usual Sunday Golden Girls marathon.  On Saturday it had been a Good Witch marathon.  I watched from 9 am to 11 pm, one movie after another.  My two favorite shows.

 


12 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    Grief is an individual journey. Sadly it sounds as if Susan (rather than being helpful) was using your grief to make herself important.
    I love your idea of apologising to the class - and wish it wasn't necessary. How I wish that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. She really didn't do it because she cared so much for my feelings. If she did care, she wouldn't have done that to my friends.

      Delete
  2. I wish it wasn't necessary, but I think your idea of apologising to the class is a good one.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, someone has to clean up Susan's mess.

      Delete
  3. That's the problem when someone (Negative Susan) takes it upon themselves to "speak for" another person (you) -- I'm glad you'll set the record straight with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so angry in that group the day she shot my friend Henry down for being positive. He never returned either.

      Delete
  4. We have some people ho think after it's to late to change what they said,did or both.
    I hope you are doing well dear Mary.
    Hugs 🍂☕🍁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to avoid Negative people, they can be a drain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I won't attend that group again. It's for those who want to talk about the negative. I've had enough bad stuff happen. I keep trying to remain positive.

      Delete
  6. I hope that Susan is wishing she did not open her mouth and would apologize to you and the others for her outburst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. She has always been negative. I try to stay with the positive people, but I still talk to her friendly. I guess it's time for a heart to heart.

      Delete