Monday, December 24, 2018

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.  Hard to believe that Christmas Eve has arrived, and the holidays will be over before we know it.  Already getting that let down feeling I get every year, but i'm going to start the new year out right.  Going back to my classes and hoping to dance again.  

I was going to do my food shopping for the holiday yesterday, but something told me to do it on Saturday instead.  Good thing I did.  Sunday shopping was cutting it too short, and what if they were very busy and couldn't deliver until late afternoon. My secret sauce is best when it sits for a day.  Good thing I did go on Saturday. The boxes for delivery were lined up, and I probably wouldn't have gotten much done if I'd waited.  No telling what time my food would arrive.  

On Saturday my replacement fudge arrived.  Figi's was true to it's word.  It even arrived sooner than I thought it would.  

I also got my first house plant box.  I chose the Succulent Box since they are the easiest to care for.  Each month I will receive a unique succulent, cacti, or aloe plant along with a detailed description and a care guide. Sunday I got up early and headed off to church, then headed back home and started cooking.
This month I received an Echeveria from Central American.  USPS messed up on this one, too.  It was supposed to arrive on the 17th but they had it floating all over the place.  The company said they would send a replacement if it was damaged, but I think it looks good.

Yesterday I made a huge dent in the food I have to prepare today.
 Buffalo wings.  This year they are pretty darn hot. 
My secret sauce.  There is one special ingredient no one else knows I put in there. This is my heavy-hitter sauce.
 Meatballs and separately.  Not put in the sauce because my son's girlfriend doesn't eat meat.

Today all I have to do is cut up the cheese and pepperoni tray,  get the cakes out, make hubby's shrimp, and straighten up the house a bit.  At 6 I'm heading off to church.  

Have a wonderful holiday.




7 comments:

  1. Christmas blessings to you, Mary! Enjoy all that wonderful food you've prepared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you and yours all the best at this holiday season. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Christmas Day has arrived here. I cooked and prepared up a storm yesterday and hope for a (mostly) quiet day today.
    The blessings of the season to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Christmas day will be a quiet one for me as well.

      Delete
  3. Yummy, Yummy food! Merry Christmas Mary! Blessings to you and your family! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete