Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday Roundup

Good morning and happy Friday.  The weekend has arrived.  Hasn't been one of my better weeks.  I ended up catching hubby's or someone else's cold.  Felt miserable Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  Sore throat, chills, runny nose, fatigue.  Oh, I was so, so tired.   Didn't even feel like reading.  Just plain miserable I was.

By Wednesday I began to perk up and headed out to get some groceries.  In my head I added up a little over $60, but the register rang up $99.  Good thing I had it on me.  Nothing more embarrassing than having to choose what goes back...especially with a line waiting behind you.  Only happened to me once, only that time I told them to put it all back.  I had punched in one wrong number on my pin# for my credit card, and for that, they immediately locked it.  Had no money on me so I was up a creek.  Had to head straight to the bank and ended up getting a new card.  From that day on I was extra careful

Wednesday's Advent gift.  Smells totally awesome.  Cocoa and Peppermint to embrace the playfulness of winter.    

Yesterday I went to my WW workshop.  It was a bit nasty out, and with this cold, I didn't really feel like going, but next Thursday is the last meeting before Christmas, and I made gifts for everyone.  Wanted to give them out yesterday just in case some of my friends go away for the holiday.  Managed to hand out all but two. 
Thursday's Advent gift.  I love this little star crystal.

I really should have stayed home yesterday, but one can only stay in for so long.   It was pretty nasty out.  The weather person had said the snow and rain would start in the afternoon so I figured I'd have time to get there and back, but, when I stepped out of the house, the flurries were already coming down.  And it was so cold and damp.  After waiting for buses for over 20 minutes, that chill got right to my bones.  Bundled up extra warm and made a cup of Yogi Throat Comfort tea.  That always helps when my throat is a little sore.  Now I plan on staying in until...perhaps Monday.  It's going to rain all day on Saturday...and possibly Sunday.  Playing it by ear.  With the holidays so close I don't want to risk getting any sicker.
 Friday's Advent gift.  This smells so good.  I can't wait to use it.
  
Woke up to no heat this morning.  Thank goodness it's warmed up some outdoors.  Just going to dress warm and bear with it until the heat comes back.  One thing about this building is that the give good heat and we're never without for long.  Probably something with the boiler. 

Have a wonderful restful weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have a feeling it's the guys doing the electrical work. I think they are working in that room.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you've got a cold. I hope it's gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely get sick. This is my once a year cold. I'm not a good patient at all. I want to be babied. LOL!!

      Delete
  3. Feel better real soon.
    Being without heat is not good at this time of the season.
    Very nice advet items once again.
    I don't envy you having to wait for public transportation in inclement weather.
    How nice of you to bring a gift for your friends at WW.

    Hugs 🎁🎅🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only get one cold a year....if that. Guess this is it. Not a good day to be working on the heat for sure.

      Delete
  4. I hope your heat returns quickly. And am sure your friends appreciated you venturing out with their gifts.
    Recover soon. And completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat just started coming up about 8 pm. It's cold in here.

      Delete
  5. Brrr I hope the heat came back on quickly...you need warmth l! Especially just getting over a cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a whole day to come back on. I was about to call management. Just stayed bundled up all day.

      Delete
  6. I do hope you are feeling better soon.
    I also hope your heating is back on very soon.

    Take care, and keep warm.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be able to get some sleep tonight. That would help. Never been good at mouth breathing.

      Delete
  7. I love that little blue star too! I hope you're nice and warm now! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete