Friday, December 28, 2018

Friday Roundup.


Oh what a fantastic week it was.  Had a wonderful Christmas Eve.  Only 4 of us.  Hubby, my son, his girlfriend, and myself, but who needs a crowd?  Big family get-togethers are nice, and we will be having one tomorrow in New Jersey, but I don't really have the room for it here.  Jerry gave me an Amazon Fire Stick, and now I don't have to wait to see my Golden Girls.  I can watch them any time I want.  Also got a few much needed sweaters for warmth, and two pairs of Reeboks--one black and one gray.  I wasn't expecting them so I had just bought myself a pair of Adidas and Sketchers.  Will definitely be going back to class dressed in style.

Too bad Christmas morning didn't start out as well. I put a cup of water in the microwave for my tea and when I took it out, it slipped from my hand and some of the scalding water hit my foot. I quickly took the soaking slipper off and stepped onto the cold floor, then put burn cream on. Fortunately, it's only a small part of the side of my foot effected and not that bad at all. I could have been much, much worse. A burn cream we got from the Dominican Republic a few years back took care of that.  I think I was more frustrated that I had just waxed the kitchen floor the day before, and here it was covered in water.

After cleaning up the mess and tending to my wound, I watched "A Christmas Story" a couple of times before switching to Hulu and watching about 4 episodes of "The Handmaid's Tale".  I know, not the most jolly way to spend Christmas, but I was hooked.  Turned the Fire Stick over to hubby in the afternoon while I did a bit of reading.  Had leftovers for dinner and ended the day watching "A Christmas Story.".  

Wednesday I went to do the banking and shopped a little for myself with money hubby gave me.  I lost my black sweater during the renovation, and I really needed to replace it.  Found one.  Not the same one, but it's black and it's a sweater. 

Later that evening I was sitting at my computer and my battery operated candles started coming on one by one, all 4 of them...all by themselves.  Weirdest thing.  They don't have timers and the top has to be twisted to put them on and off.  Even hubby took notice of it.  
But other things have been happening lately as well.  I was peeling potatoes not too long ago and having a rough time of it.  I wished I had a potato peeler.  Then, my friend sends me a Christmas gift and when I open it, I find a paring knife and potato peeler set.   Another day I was thinking about my niece who unfriended me on FB awhile ago and how we were family and it shouldn't be that way.  Then, I get a friend request from her. 

Thursday was my WW workshop.  They were having a funeral at my church...either a police officer or a fireman.  I didn't recognize the dress uniforms, and they also had three men dressed in kilts practicing on their bagpipes.
Today was my follow up doctor's appointment, but I postpone it until next Friday.  The weather today is going to be very bad, lots of wind and rain, and I can't see myself walking the 5 blocks in it with my fingers locking around an umbrella or paying $7 for a cab. So, next week it will be.

Tomorrow is our Christmas with family.  Two Christmases in one since we didn't have one last year.  Can't wait.  Will be sure to get lots of pictures.

Have a wonderful weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, I am so happy that you didn't burn yourself worse or cut yourself.
    Sounds like someone was visiting you and wanted you to know they were there by lighting your candles.
    Christmas is the season of magick.
    Enjoy the holiday season.
    I loved seeing your photos~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what everyone says. I'm sure it was my mom. I have been thinking a lot about her lately.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what a wonderful week you have had -- and another Christmas celebration tomorrow! Have fun!

    "The Handmaid's Tale" is a superb miniseries. Disturbing fare, as you say, but I understand why you're hooked on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh yes, I loved the book. Now that I have Hulu I can watch it. I only wish the old Charmed was on Hulu as well. I know it is on Netflix, but don't have that one yet.

      Delete
  3. I am glad that your Christmas was delightful - and continues. And very glad that your burn is not worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky that day. Surprised it wasn't worse.

      Delete
  4. So happy you had a good Christmas! I am so sorry about your burn! Please take care! Have fun with your second Christmas this week too! You lucked out with the running shoes! That's great! That's very interesting with all the little things happening, like the candles. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the burn wasn't worse. All I could think of was how I would go out if I couldn't wear shoes. Now I am extra careful.

      Delete
  5. I spent Christmas Eve watching It's A Wonderful Life and then The Man Who Invented Christmas. Hadn't seen the first in years and Prime had the colorized version. The later was quite interesting and enjoyable telling of how Dickens came to create A Christmas Carol. I really REALLY wanted to watch the version with Patrick Stewart, but Prime you have to pay 7.99 and it's not on Netflix :(
    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and how exciting to have 2!! Happy to hear the burn wasn't bad and how interesting about your ghostly visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I didn't see either, and I love both. Usually I don't miss them at holiday time. Hope you had a great holiday.

      Delete
  6. Hello from Idaho and stop by the way of She who Seeks. Four people sound like a balance number for a dinner.
    If you have time stop by for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome. Will definitely stop buy. Thanks for inviting me.

      Delete
  7. So pleased to read that your burn wasn't worse than it was!

    Your Christmas sounds good and how lovely that it will be continuing.
    Have a happy (continuing) Christmas weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. uk replica watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica cartier watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete