Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tuesday Ramble



Good morning everyone.  Tuesday morning.  Looks to be another hot and humid day.  Sorry, but this isn't my kind of weather.  I wish summer could be no more than 80 degrees and no humidity.  I'd be in my glory then.  Fortunately, some storms are heading in to cool us down.

Had a great day yesterday. Left early for my classes.  The temperature still hadn't risen yet, but when it was time to come home?  That's another story altogether.  The four long blocks to the bus stop were unmerciful.  It seemed as if I walked for miles.  The closer I got, the further away it seemed.  Did that ever happen to you?

Finished my ring in arts and crafts yesterday.  It's hard to capture a good picture. This one I'll be keeping.  It's sized, and I doubt it will fit anyone else.  The beads are real Swarovski Crystal It's not easy sewing together all those little silver seed beads when your eyesight is not up to par.

At home I've been working with the chain I bought.  Should be able to make quite a few bracelets from it.  Here is one I started.  Needs a couple more charms I think.  Just can't decide which ones. 
The tree is more silvery in person.
The other day a friend pulled a card for me.  

It reminded me of this old poem I had read and saved when my osteoarthritis first began spreading and  became chronic. Thought I would share it here with you.

The old healer said to the soul:
It's not your back that hurts,
But the burden you're wearing.
It's not your eyes that hurt,
But the injustice you see.
It's not your head that hurts,
But your thoughts that hurt you.
It's not your throat,
But what you can't tell.
It's not your belly,
But your soul that can't digest what's happening around you.
It's not your liver that hurts,
But the anger inside.
It's not your heart that hurts,
But love.
The desire for love, the love you want to share,...
And it's love itself,
Which can cure all this pain.
The most powerful medicine!!

Source Unknown

7 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful ring you made, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ring...GORGEOUS!!!
    The card...beautiful.
    The poem...so true.
    The heat and humidity...I am with you, it SUCKS!!!

    Have a beautiful day regardless of the weather~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that poem! So true! Thank you for sharing this morning on my blog. The words here on your post this morning have been a blessing to my soul. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ring! The poem is inspiring and true indeed! I agree 100% with you about the humidity and horrid heat. We are expecting storms here later today and tomorrow as well.

    Stay cool and comfortable as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on keeping your creativity alive.
    And thank you for that poem. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would prefer mid 70’s all year round!!!!!! I don’t like this heat at all!!! But alas....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ring you made and I love that poem! I hope it cools down soon! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete