Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Selections


On Friday I received my first monthly box from Tamed and Wild Apothecary, and I was quite pleased.  I had really hoped they would have sent me July's box instead since I ordered on the 2nd of July, but I guess they were sold out and sent me the August box.  I will say it was much more interesting than the Moon Box I just canceled.  This month focused on tea rather than herbs. 
African Rooibos Tea.  It contains rooibos, cornflowers, blue malva flowers, vanilla, and orange.  I'm glad I dropped coffee and developed a taste for tea.  Can't wait to try this one.  They also included a mesh tea ball for quick steeping.  (see above)
Two sticks filled with honey for sweetening.
 What a beautiful spoon.  Too nice to use.
 This pretty little carrying case.  I can always find use for this.
Rabbit animal spirit which signifies change is imminent.  When rabbit appears in your life, it may be time to forge a new path.  Seems that change is in the wind for me.  Just the other day I chose the 'Disruption' card my daily card from the Psychic Tarot Oracle.   I've been spending some time pondering the fact that as my pain increases I may NOT be able to participate in the dance and exercise I so love anymore.  I even told hubby that I to keep myself busy I may have to return to Brooklyn College this fall if they have any interesting classes...although I would much prefer something that was free.  
I also received this stunning agate arrowhead.  Funny, in my Medicine Keepers Collective class I was just studying about agate the day before this box arrived.  Coincidence?  Will definitely have to go back over the lesson.  Agate is a symbol of protection, and the Eye of Horus, another symbol of protection,  is printed on its Carrying Bag. 
And finally, 'Sweet Dreams Temple Oil' an old world aromatherapy blend of sweet almond oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, vetiver oil, and cedar wood oil to aid in a peaceful sleep.  Just a few drops massaged into the temples is very calming.




 

8 comments:

  1. Now this is what I call a true treasure chest!
    Such delightful items and so magical!

    Hugs and Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with this package. I'll be getting one each month. I only hope this company doesn't turn out like the Moon Box company. For the first couple month the box was filled with great little things, then came in with a bunch of nonsense. I am still owed one more so we will see what it brings.

      Delete
  2. What lovely goodies! Let us know how that tea is.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you guys know. I have never made tea any other way aside from a tea bag, so this will be a learning experience for me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's so much fun getting these little boxes of goodies each month.

      Delete
  4. WOW! That is some awesome stuff you got! Love it all! ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is something! Wow, what amazing things you received! Let us know how the tea is! I'm sorry about the pain you have! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete