Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning.  Another Monday has arrived.  Much to do today.  Will be in classes all day.  Lots of exercising this old body, meditation, and arts and crafts.  Now this is what retirement is all about. As for my weekend, it was fairly slow.  Did some cooking on Saturday after a run to the fruit stand, then came home to wait for the electrician to fix the bathroom light fixture.  Finally, we can turn the light off.  Door knob got fixed, too, so I won't get stuck anymore....although I have developed a fear of shutting the door tightly.

Had a rough Saturday eve into Sunday eve.  My 12 year old great niece was missing since early Saturday eve. .  At first her mom said she ran away, but then we began worrying about abduction as time went on. She had no change of clothes or money on her. Frightening thoughts ran through my head.  Finally, last night she was found with 2 boys and a girl in Queens.  She is only 12 but growing up too quickly.  I fear more to come with this girl.  Many prayers being said.

Dug out my old beads. Bought a few new ones. Purchased some findings, and now I'm all ready to make some glitter.  I adore doing beadwork.  I only hope my fingers....and eyes....will like it as much as I do.



Good thing I checked the monthly calendar from my union.  I was already packing jewelry supplies for class when something told me to check.  Sure enough, there are no classes today.  For some reason, we only have four weeks a month of class.  When there is a 5th Monday or Wednesday no class.  I guess they only pay for four.   It's a good thing I checked because it's a 2 hour bus ride to get there.  I wouldn't have been a happy camper to get there and find no one there.

On Saturday I received my first Moon Box from the Gaia Collective.  It's a monthly box of goodies, a box full of moon magic and protection. This month's box included:

A succulent
Nail polish infused with Moonstone, Rose Quartz, and Selenite for balance and healing
Rose Blossom lip balm
Amethyst for dreams and protection
Rose Quartz for love and forgiveness
Tree Agate for grounding
Mala Prayer
May's Intention--Flourish
Gypson Dessert Rose for protection, prosperity, and purification
And the cloth showing Moon phases.


Definitely loving this. And all for $22.  Awesome.



4 comments:

  1. My wife would LOVE that gift box, looking into that right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she was found safely.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your grand-niece was okay. Your intuition about the beading class really paid off! I like that Moon Phases cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wrenching evening that must have been for your family. I hope help can be found for this apparently troubled young girl.

    ReplyDelete