Monday, March 11, 2024

The Grand Opening

 For the center it was great, but for me, it was the day from hell.  Winds were 50 MPH when I left the house.  Was going to take a cab but then figured 'why waste $12' when I can take the bus?'  So I braved the wind.  Fortunately I had enough weight on me that I wasn't blown over.

The center was crazy.  So many people.  So much noise.  I don't do well in crowds.  Never did.  Don't know if it can be considered an anxiety attack but I get real stressed and end up with a headache.  The lunch room was unreal.  The picture below is from when they started with bingo.  There had been plenty more who had lunch and then left. I couldn't wait to get out of there, wind or not.


The room for my jewelry class was very nice.  Large and new smelling.  


Sati is so talented. 





My friend Carmen.  Will be my co-facilitator from now on.  So many new members.  It's hard for me to set up, put away, teach the newcomers, etc.  So I asked if she would do it.


My jewelry class was the first class ever at the new center.

Tomorrow is the St. Patrick's Day party.  Let's see how that goes.

Have a good one.


2 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like a beautiful facility! Spacious and new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good that your jewellery class was the first class ever at the new centre.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete