Wednesday, March 13, 2024

St. Patrick's Day Party

 Oh my.  First party at the new center and again I went home with a headache.  And I'm not alone.  Several of my friends are feeling much the same.  The new place is too stressful.  It's not fun.  Four friends told me yesterday they won't be attending anymore of the parties because they just didn't feel comfortable.  Parties are supposed to be fun, and you just can't have fun if you are packed in like sardines.  My friend said she almost broke her neck trying to get through to go to the potty. The are crowding too many people in.  It's loud and disorganized.  

I am willing to give it a chance, though.  As much as I dislike it, I feel they are still working things out, and that there will probably be some dropouts as the weeks go on.  It's the newness that is drawing people in.  Maybe, too, it's just my age.  I'll be 77 in a couple weeks and in my youth I loved going to those underground clubs in the village where the music was loud and we were packed in like sardines.  But, the older I get, the less I like it.  

The lady with the hat on in my friend, Mary, an Irish woman with a real brogue. She has battled cancer twice and beat it.  Next to her and holding her arms up is my friend, Yvette.  She's been deaf from birth.

One thing we do is pig out at our parties.  Plenty of snacks.

The corned beef and cabbage lunch they served.  Have to say it, too, was a big disappointment.  The cabbage was obviously made from packaged cole slaw mix and the potatoes were canned.  Neither had any taste whatsoever.  I sure could have used some mustard.
Another section of the room.

That's me with the ponytail and green sweater.



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's a big group of people! Hopefully, as you say, attendance may level off once the novelty of the new facility decreases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hopefully things get better and it's not so stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea to give the new centre a chance and see how things settle down.

    All the best Jan

    PS I hope my comments are coming through okay and not ending up in spam folder. Blogger does do some strange things from time to time!

    ReplyDelete