Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Memories

 Some pretty nasty weather around here lately. Rain almost everyday.  Got caught in it yesterday.  Was heading to our monthly senior council meeting and the sky opened and the rain came down in torrents...right after I had closed my umbrella.  Almost turned around and went home, but I wanted to see what was said about the new center.

Our new center is set to open this upcoming Monday and while part of me is looking forward to new beginnings, the other part is finding it hard to say good-bye to the center that I have enjoyed for over 6 years now.  Many good memories.

Valentine's Day 2023

Silly sock party 2020

Halloween party 2019

Cooking class 2019

Dewali party 2023

Easter party 2022

St. Patrick's Day party 2023

St Patrick's Day 2023

Final Dancersize class 2022

Good bye party for a dear friend who was moving away.  2022

Halloween party 2022

And that's only a few of the memories.  Every day there brought some joy to my life.  Meeting new friends, trying new activities, learning to dance, Marshall Arts training. Laughter, tears.  Loss of good friends.  Will never forget my days at the old Bay Ridge Center.  Now onto the new.



4 comments:

  1. So many good memories! Is the new centre close to where the old one was? Will it affect your commute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the new one will give you just as many good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely memories.
    I hope the new centre will give you more good memories.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great memories, I hope the new one will give you many more.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete