Sunday, March 3, 2024

Sunday Morning

 Was fit to be tied yesterday.  Super had promised me he would be here at 10 am to fix the leak and the faucet drips so I put off food shopping.  Was planning on going this morning, but tummy issues so I'll just call my order in, and the store will shop for me and deliver.  All for $5.  Not bad when you need things but can't get out due to illness or poor weather conditions. 

So the super didn't come.  At 11:30 I sent him a message.  At 12 I got the response that he had an emergency in his other building and could he come on Sunday.  After I thanked him (sarcastically) for calling me to let me know, I informed him that I changed my plans due to his promise and thus was going to busy on Sunday.  Reluctantly he said he would come.  

Got here at about 1:10, put some tape on the pipe to stop the leak, announced that the water from the leak had destroyed the wood at the bottom of the cabinet, and he was going to have to put in a new cabinet.  I advised him that I first notified him of the leak in September, but he ignored it. Didn't bother with the drips in the kitchen or the bathroom.  Now we'll have to see if he keeps to his word, but I'm going to stay on top of him.  This is his pattern.  He puts bandaids on repairs and then promises all this great stuff he is going to do for you, but that's all it is...empty promises. 


Last night's dinner.  Veggie Lo Mein.

5 comments:

  1. I hope he actually fixes this and gets you new cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People that don't keep their word, irritate me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the annoyances of living in an apartment. We are lucky now to have a really good super, but I remember living in places where I was often left wanting to strangle them. At least, he didn't try to blame the ruining of the cabinet on you. I've had that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope that he fixes this for you and gets you a new cabinet.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete