Monday, March 25, 2024

Another Year Older

 Good Monday morning everyone.  We've had a pretty rough weekend, but the warmup begins today.  Lots and lots of rain and wind on Saturday.  Glad I could make it a stay home day.  This morning it's kind of chilly here--33 degrees--but the warmup begins today.

Actually, Saturday was my birthday.  I turned 77.  Can't believe I am that old.  My mind doesn't feel it, but my body sure does, but I don't let it stop me.  I keep myself busy and try to get out almost everyday.  Socialization is so important.

Since Saturday was a washout, my son surprised me Friday night with a carrot cake from Lloyd's.  They are famous for their carrot cakes.  Lines form around the block on holidays, and it's well worth it.  Delicious.


Finally got my kitchen sink fixed.  Super lied to us again.  What's new?  Said he would be there 1:30.  Called at 1 to say there was a flood downstairs in the basement and he had to take care of that.  Would be here about 5:30.  6:45 no super.  Of course he was lying.  He wasn't even in the building.  Sent his brother in about 7 pm.  Job didn't even take an hour.  I'm usually pretty easy going, but I am really frustrated at the treatment we got.  I have never missed or been late with my rent in the almost 10 years we have lived here, and I deserve better, so I am going to call management today and lodge a complaint.

Meanwhile, all I got from my daughter was a FB 'Have a good day.  Happy birthday.'  So cold, unfeeling.  No phone call.  Her Elvis Presley impersonator husband has changed her, and she has changed my grandchildren.  Ever since she married him, she has been so distant.  I continuously snooze her for 30 days on FB because it hurts so much to see her gushing over his family.  I think I mentioned a long time ago that I saw this coming at their wedding.  As soon as she sat with us, he came along and hauled her off to his family.  But, hey, she is over 50, has a mind of her own, and chooses to distance herself from us.

It hurts to see her do this to her brother, too.  They had such a special loving relationship.  I remember one of her birthdays where he surprised her with tickets to a New Kids on the Block concert.  He'd gotten the tickets from Donnie while working with him on Bluebloods and even arranged to take her backstage to introduce them.  Now she doesn't even speak to her brother.  That bothers me more than her treatment of me.

But enough of that.  I have jewelry class today and a party tomorrow which celebrates all who have birthdays in March.  Looking forward to it.  

Have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

  1. Happy 77th Birthday, Mary! That carrot cake looks dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Carrot Cake is the perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    I'm sorry your daughter is treating her family that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday. I do hope your daughter comes round to her senses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Mary, and a happy belated birthday to you.

    The last couple of days here has been quite crazy. Yesterday we had lots of snow, then last night it poured with heavy rain. Now this morning it is back to snowing, and the temp during this time is 29-degree Fahrenheit which is said to feel like 11 degrees.

    That was so nice of your son to surprise you with that cake, that is one of my favorite cakes.

    I am glad the sink in your kitchen, finally got fixed.

    Take care my friend, and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated 77th Birthday.
    You do keep busy and I think that's so good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete