Friday, March 15, 2024

Smile, It's Friday

 Good morning everyone.  We've had some lovely weather here for the past few day, but today some rain is on the way.  Don't mind it though, as long as it is warm.  A cold rain chills my bones for the entire day.

Decided to take a day off yesterday.  Actually lunch at the center was chili, and although I love chili, I don't like the way they make it.  The put way too much cumin for one thing, and it repeats on me all day.  There is also no liquid in it by the time we get it.  Here's a picture of it.  Doesn't look very appetizing does it?

That's not liquid.  That's melted cheese.

So I stayed home and accomplished quite a bit in the house.  Put some stuff out in the lobby.  We do that in this building.  We share with each other.  I put a lot of books out there, some knicknacks, and some ready made rice I had gotte from the center.  Better than tossing it out.  I've put brand new clothes out there and a pair of sneakers my son had bought me a year ago that I had not been able to wear because they hurt my bunion.  Others have put chips, cookies, juices, and other things as well.  I like that. Usually the food items are still good, but there is someone who will put expired items or opened cereal boxes out there.  We know who it is.

This was my Healthy Video class on Wednesday.  That's me in the corner.  Letting my hair grow.  I love this class and there's great information.  The instructor is very knowledgeable.  Yet, we always have only a few in the class.  That's because they have scheduled it at the same time as crochet.  

Have a wonderful Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. The ease of it, the glimpses into a good life, even the stern wink at the expired food giver, lol.

    I just started letting my hair grow out. It looks... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's good to have 'at home' time and get some jobs done.
    Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chili doesn't look right. Congealed cheese on it too? No. I'd just make my own chili.

    ReplyDelete