Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good afternoon everyone.  It's a little warmer than yesterday but still cool enough to really enjoy.  Wellness Group was canceled once again yesterday (that's 3 weeks in a row), but lunch was well worth it.  We had a huge barbecued pork chop, collard greens, and macaroni and cheese....along with an apple and a pineapple juice.  Came home with 3 apples from friends who didn't want them.  Didn't get any on Sunday so I'm thankful to get these.  In return, I gave my peer my turkey and cheese sandwich. (They send you home with a sandwich every day)

It's gone now, but this was the bus that was blocking the drivers from their base, Prince.  It is actually the size of a greyhound bus and took up almost the entire block.  So glad this nightmare is over.

Went to use my metrocard yesterday morning, and it got stuck in the slot.  Got it out, but it has a scratch on it so it is unusable.  Darn.  Had to report it and now every day I have to either go to the subway station for a day's rides or use up all the change I have been saving.  Just the day after I put money on it, too.  Of course, I will get that money back, but it will be a few weeks.

Oh this was so delicious.  Virgin Pina Colada from Olive Garden the other night.  I could have drank another one, but they are so darn filling.  

Made these for three of my great granddaughters.  The 4th is still too young.

Have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful jewellery, you have a great gift for making it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy it. Tried other arts and crafts and wasn't happy.

      Delete
  2. They really do feed you well.
    Sigh on the Wellness Group - which I suspect is one of the most important that the centre runs (or more often doesn't run).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The center offers a lot, but they have to get it together. Can't keep canceling these classes.

      Delete
  3. Wow...that is what I call a good size barrier. Nice to know that they have moved it.

    How sad that their Wellness Group can't get it together!

    Sorry to hear about your MetroCard, too!

    More gorgeous jewelry...you are amazingly talented!!!

    🎃👻🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three weeks now no group. Something has to give.

      Delete
  4. What’s up with this wellness group always being cancelled! I imagine that’s getting old!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting tired of it. Love the center and the friends I made, but this is getting ridiculous--the cooking class, art class, now the wellness class.

      Delete
  5. That Virgin Pina Colada looks scrumptious. You granddaughters will love those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. I could have had another one, but it was so filling.

      Delete
  6. I love the earrings and all the food sounds so good! I love the look of that drink! I hope the classes stop getting canceled! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used your bag at the center the other day and everyone fell in love. Talk about talent.

      Delete