Thursday, August 1, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends


 My son and his girlfriend.  


Just a small part of my angel collection.  There are many more in my china closet.


0 point breakfast.  Spinach omelet and sliced tomatoes.


Nightmare times.  Had never expected it to be so bad.  Never thought we would get the house back to normal.

 My youngest son's 8th grade graduation.


Last year at Christmas in July.  It was held last weekend, but unfortunately I had no way of getting there.  My son's car is not working, my daughter was sick, and my goddaughter had to work.  There is always next year.


 My beautiful daughter.


 My sofrito--peppers, onions, pitted olives, pimentos, garlic, a wee bit of tomato sauce, salt, and pepper.  I use this when I roast a turkey or a pernil.  Punch holes and fill with this mixture.


Autumn is my favorite time of the year. Last year it fell in the middle of the nightmare rewiring of my apartment but I had a couple of items handy to cheer myself up and put them on a window sill.  It was the only free area I had to set them up.

8 comments:

  1. sofrito does look interesting, don't believe I every had soup with green olives it.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, sofrito is not a soup. It is a Spanish marinate. It really makes meats and poultry taste yummy.

      Delete
  2. Autumn is a glorious time of year. I am so glad that in the middle of the chaos you had a patch of beauty to remind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already decorated for Autumn. Only a week before I had to take everything down and pack everything away. These little items brought me so much joy.

      Delete
  3. I’m with you, I love fall! The only thing bad about fall is the dark cloud of winter looming and ready to strike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Autumn …
    I also like the look of your Spinach omelette and sliced tomatoes :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Autumn too!!! I think I'm going to have your spinach omelette this week! LOL! Great photos! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete