Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday Roundup

Ah, Friday has arrived.  Funny, you'd think now that I was retired that every day would be a Friday, but since I am busy from Monday through Friday, I still feel like I was going to work....even though I am having a LOT MORE FUN.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I like getting up in the morning and catching a bus just like I'm heading off to work.  

So, this was a strange week with most of my classes being cancelled for one reason or another.  The only class I had this week was Monday's Wellness class and that was cut short because a woman from the Department of Health came to talk to us about West Nile Virus...which has been found in the city.... and how to protect ourselves from the mosquitoes that carry the virus...much more important than our wellness topic of travel.  Totally bored with that topic as most of us no longer travel.

Tuesday I went all prepared for Arts and Crafts only to have it canceled at the last minute.  Grrr!!!  I'd wanted to finish my painting.  

The other half of this painting is supposed to be the sun.  Was hoping I could have finished it.  Was even more disturbed when I didn't see Arts and Crafts on the schedule for the month of August.  I went to the office and inquired about that one. I was informed that she couldn't find a time to fit it in in August....BUT SHE COULD FIND TIME TO FIT IN KARIOKI THAT ONLY 3 PEOPLE PARTICIPATED IN?  Not quite fair when I donated so much stuff for the class.  Of course, I didn't throw that in their face, but I did tell them how disappointed I was and how much we all looked forward to that class.  We'll see if they change their minds.

On Wednesday I discovered I'd forgotten to take my BP meds for not one, but two days.  Can't be doing that.  See, I have a regular schedule I follow in the morning, and if that's messed up, so am I.  Hubby had to get up early for a doctor's appointment on Monday and on Tuesday to take his car for a repair so I ended up taking my shower extra early, before anything else.  Totally forgot my meds.

Then, I was  heating water for my tea, and I don't know what happened, but it the cup started to slip and the hot water scalded my boob.  Turned red and started to blister.  I have a burn cream hubby's mother had brought from the Dominican Republic years ago that was still good.  I used the last of it before I went to the center, and by the time I came home it didn't even look like I had a burn.  I'd love to know what's in that stuff.

Thursday was kind of boring.  Computer class, but not one of the more exciting ones.  Then Chili Con Carne for lunch.  Good, but not as good as mine.  Not spicy enough for my taste, but I do understand.  They are cooking for seniors, and not everyone likes spicy foods.

Off to the center this morning.  Jewelry class in the afternoon.

Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend.

6 comments:

  1. On your art and craft class couldn't they set up the supplies and everyone just create something?
    You do sound busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what they do. It's not even a class. They just set the thing out and we do our own thing so I don't understand why they can't fit it on the calendar. No one wants the Karioki class, only three people and of that only one sings.

      Delete
  2. That water sounds incredibly hot. I am glad you found a cream that could help. And so fast too.
    Sigh on the classes. And I hope that the jewellery class isn't cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely very lucky. Could have been a lot worse.

      Delete
  3. Such a shame about the classes...

    Goodness, that water must have been very hot to scald you like that, so pleased you had that good cream to hand.

    Do please take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the art class isn't cancelled!!! So happy you had that cream for your burn!! Take care of yourself! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete