Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tuesday Ramble



Tuesday morning and the rain is about to fall.  Oh my, such a wet summer we have had here in Brooklyn.  Was the first day back at the center yesterday, and many of us were disappointed with the dull peach it had been painted.  Looks like they used no primer and just gobbed the paint on.  But, it was for free so who are we to complain?  Will have to get a picture of it to show you.

Don't know if I mentioned this.  A week or so ago I was taking a hot cup of water out of the microwave to make my tea and somehow my hand slipped and scalding hot water burnt my breast.  Healing now, but it sure hurt for awhile.  Second degree burns.  Now I am ultra careful taking anything hot from the microwave. 

There are four little kitties out back where we keep the garbage.  They are all different and all about four months old.  One is black, one is gray, one is black and white, and another is tabby.  Probably four different fathers, and I know who each is.  What I don't know is who the mother is.  I'm hoping that maybe it is my Scout.  She disappeared several months ago.  It's too soon for them to be Ms. Gray's kittens.   

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the ENT.  Not sure anything can be done for the tinnitus, but I do hope he can help me with my sinuses.  I keep getting painful bouts of sinusitis.  Only thing that stops them is my allergy medication.  Funny thing is I never had allergies until this year and then they knocked me for a loop. 

Here are a few photos I took on our Sunday outing.

 That's the famous Wonder Wheel of Coney Island in the distance.  


 A cruise ship on the Atlantic Ocean.


Never saw one of these on the road.  Hubby says he sees them often, usually at night.  Looks like fun.

Have a wonderful day.


13 comments:

  1. Probably donated paint was used. A color that wasn't selling. To bad that it was a job that was not done well.
    I enjoyed your photos.
    How wonderful that you may have some new company to care for but I do hope that your old friends return, too.
    I am sorry to hear that you burned yourself making tea. I make mine the same way to save time. I have also received a few burns from splashes.
    Have a wonderful day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not having a good feeling about Ms. Gray and Bullseye. Feral or not, I feel a cat would come back to a place where they knew they would find food. There was also two others I hadn't named that disappeared.

      Delete
  2. I bet you're feeding those kitties, aren't you! I hope your burn heals quickly -- what a sensitive spot to have been injured, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely feeding them, but it's not as easy. I have to go outside and down some stairs and then up some stairs. My burn is doing okay now, thank goodness. A lesson learned. Hold hot water far away from body in the morning.

      Delete
  3. You did tell us about the burn - and the wonder cream you had to hand. Burns HURT don't they.
    Loved your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do and at such a sensitive spot. It's pretty much healed now.

      Delete
  4. I know you missed and worried about the others cats that were around and about and now you have some new ones to love. I know this will make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The life of a feral is not easy. I feel so badly for these little ones.

      Delete
  5. Yuck to the peach! Something bright and flashy would have been fun...and high gloss!

    We have had a fair amount of rain also...and heat...so much heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a couple of ferals that have been coming to eat here at night. We only catch glimpses of them here and there. Only way we know they've been around is if the food bowl is empty in the morning.
    Sorry to hear about the burn. OUCH!!
    It's been hot here, mostly. We've a couple of days here and there where it let up. Last weekend we were supposed to get severe storms and wind. So we took care to make sure things didn't go flying and what not. Don't you know we didn't get anything to speak of. But had we ignored it, I'm sure we'd have gotten slammed. Not that I'm sorry we missed the crazy weather.
    Free or not, they could have done a decent paint job. Sorry that they messed it up :(
    Hope you are doing well. Full moon blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my ferals would return. I am worried because they all disappeared at once.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed seeing your photographs, nice to see the Wonder Wheel of Coney Island.

    Take care and enjoy the remainder of the week … it's certainly whizzed by!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete