Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday Ramble

Had a fantastic week.  A busy one, but that's how I like it....and the best news is the police bus moved, and now hubby and the others are back to work.  Hoping that maybe my contacting the Community Board had something to do with it, but I highly doubt it.  Our Community Board doesn't really care about the little people

On Tuesday we had the monthly party.  I have to say I was disappointed in the food.  It was supposed to be stuffed shells and salad, but what we got was the cooks regular veggie lasagna and cold slaw.  Tummy started to ache later in the evening.  Took some pictures of the party:

 She is in my computer classes.  One of the sweetest people I know.


 Both ladies are in their 90's.  Looking good.


The one in the plaid shirt and I are going to join a group which puts on shows.  We both plan on singing in the group.  Will know more about it on Friday.


From my jewelry class. You can get some idea of the paint job in the background.  All different colors.


This man is partially blind and dances every dance.  It's his greatest joy.


 Some of the party goers.

Thursday was computer class and a quiet afternoon at home.  I seem to be having a flare.  Everything hurts.  Going to try Tai Chi today but not going to  push it.

Have a wonderful weekend.

15 comments:

  1. That is great news about your husband’s job. I would not be surprised if your letter helped the situation.

    That is a great idea about joining a theatre group. Singing brings much joy into one’s life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it did. He has a picture of the bus. I told him to send it to me and I'll share it on Monday. Not much of a singer, but I think I can do well in a group.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I think your letter probably did help with the police bus situation...otherwise it is quite a coincidence that it moved so soon after, isn't it?!
    Oh what a shame you were disappointed with the food...and you were so looking forward to it too.🙁🙁

    Thank you for sharing these lovely photos of the other ladies in your classes. They all look so friendly and kind! Gosh, you are really lucky to have all these wonderful friends.😊😊
    I can imagine how much fun you're going to have when you join your new group and get to sing. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    Oh I do hope you feel better real soon, and that if it is a flare-up, then that it is only a momentary one.
    That is certainly something you can do without!

    Wishing you a super weekend!!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such wonderful people. I am lucky. I used to consider my work colleagues my friends, but they really weren't. We had absolutely nothing in common.

      Delete
  3. People are never too old to enjoy a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I learned late in life. I was a workaholic for so many years I didn't know what real fun was.

      Delete
  4. What a fun week! I am so glad the issues with the parking and your husband’s job got fixed quickly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness. I was up a creek with no paddle with my bills and just when I am getting straightened out.

      Delete
  5. You sure are busy and that is wonderful for you.
    What a nice bunch of happy and lovely faces.
    I must say that the paint job isn't the greatest...but at least it is clean.
    Happy to hear that hubby and the others have their spot back. You may have had something to do with them moving the police van. Don't sell yourself short.

    Have a great day and weekend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope my letter helped. Of course the board never responded to me, but I expected that. We don't have one of the more accessible community boards.

      Delete
  6. I am so glad that your husband is back at work and that you (mostly) enjoyed your busy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled he is back to work. Scary times it was.

      Delete
  7. The center seem to have a lot of fun activities.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fabulous news about your husband’s job, and I think your letter may well have helped.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful time! Looks like everyone had a great time! I hope you are feeling better! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete