Thursday, August 29, 2019

Thursday This and That



My favorite Applebee's dish--Southwestern Steak Salad.  Love, love love it.

Made this frosted fairy candle holder about a month ago.

The last of the cooking class.  They canceled and changed dates so much that everyone else dropped out.

Gift from my daughter.

My son and one of the stars of Blueblood's before he dropped out.  Wanted to get more talking parts.

Some of my angels and Mary statues.

Two of my grandchildren with Santa, hubby and I, my crone statue, a gift from my son, and a ballerina musical globe I have had for about 25 years.

Myself, my daughter, and my son's girlfriend.

 My 7th great granddaughter.


 My son with the Easter bunny.


My Aunt Ruth with my grandfather.  She was mom's older sister and wanted me to come live with her.  She did not like the way I was treated at home.  Mom said no.  Meanwhile, mom was always so cold and distant.

 An awesome book.  A journey that lasts from her 17 year old first love to her 64 year old run in with him again and all that happened in-between.  Now I am wanting to read it again.  A tale of love, hope, heartbreak and growing older and wiser.

13 comments:

  1. your 7th great granddaughter looks so cute.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so heavy. Can't lift her with my back. Solid but not fat.

      Delete
  2. What a cute little Minnie Mouse! Love your candle holder too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those chubby cheeks on your great granddaughter! She’s so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable little, mini, Minnie Mouse is...so cute!!!
    Love the fairy jar that you made...truly magical.
    That book does sound like a wonderful read...so romantic.
    Your lovely necklace from your daughter is precious!
    I have crone statues that I also call my hedge witch statues and angel statues, too!
    We have many interests that are the same :)

    Have a great day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do have a lot in common. With Autumn on the way I was digging out my Kitchen Witch Books.

      Delete
  5. Southwestern Steak Salad … looks good.

    Your great granddaughter looks so cute.
    Many thanks for sharing all of your photographs here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your frosted candle holder! Your great granddaughter is so cute! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete