Thursday, August 22, 2019

Thursday This and That



My Spanish teacher.  After the third semester I dropped out.  Never got beyond basic Spanish.  Each semester new people would enter the class and we had to go through the same lessons....over and over again.  

My daughter and her childhood friend.  They met each other in grammar school and have been friends ever since.  Mary passed away this week at the age of 52.  She had many health problems.  May she rest in peace.

My favorite spot at the park...at the top of the hill overlooking the water.

When I was still a blond.

The little pond on the grounds of Brooklyn College.  Such a beautiful, peaceful little place.

My dad and his Tiny.  Even in his older age he resembles Elvis...in my opinion.

My grandparents.  They were already fairly old when I was born.  My grandmother died at the age of 82 when I was 16.

My senior picture in the yearbook.

My friend at the center.  This is when I met her in art class two years ago.  Her hair is a beautiful white now.

Me about 26 years ago.

This is how I used to feed hubby.  Chicken, rice and beans and veggies.  Now that he is diabetic I've changed his menu quite a bit.

The first sign of spring at the park.

13 comments:

  1. 52 is very young to pass away. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was. My daughter is devastated. She had health problems since she was a child.

      Delete
  2. beautiful view of "hill overlooking the water...…
    yes, your dad looks handsome....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider that top bench mine. My favorite quiet spot.

      Delete
  3. Loving your memory packed photos. And the dancing daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those daffodils. They were the first real sign of spring for me.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your daughter and very sorry that her friend passed away so young. May she rest in peace.
    I always enjoy your personal photos.
    Lovely flowers. So bright and cheerful.
    Have a great evening 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so young, but suffered all her life with heart issues, but never let it get her down. She lived her life to the fullest.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry your daughter lost her dear friend.
    I did on semester of French and I remember nothing of it.
    Lovely daffodils.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember a few Spanish words. And I can definitely say 'the food is good',

      Delete
  6. I love the photos and am sorry for your daughter's loss.
    I LOVE your senior picture though! That sass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your daughter and very sorry that her friend recently passed away. May she rest in peace.

    Always nice to see your personal photos.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. 52 is so young! I am so sorry!
    Thanks for sharing everything! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete