Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday Roundup

Friday has arrived.  It's going to be a long weekend.  Funny how when I was working I looked forward to these long weekends, but now all I can think of is missing my friends on Monday.  The center has become so important to me even though the classes are frequently canceled.  Think I'm going to be the one to cancel jewelry class today.  My buddy is away and not sure if I really feel like making anything today.  I get those days.

Spoke with them yesterday about the art class.  It will be fit into the schedule in September.  Good.  Mr. Half Moon is quite lonely hanging in the group room. Looking forward to the September schedule to see if anything new is added.  I know next week someone from the Board of Health will be coming to speak about the diseases which come from mosquitoes and our Assemblyman is coming on Friday for a visit and questions.

Oh I am so looking forward the Autumn.  Ordered my new tablecloth and have been itching to get out my decorations.  With September just about here, I think I will slowly starting digging out Autumn and packing summer away.  I have to do it slowly now because of pain.  It never went away since last October, and I have had to give up a lot of the things I loved--Zumba, line dancing, qigong, but I've filled the void with other activities--jewelry making, tai chi, arthritis exercises, and an occasional dance at the monthly party. 


Has anyone read this awesome book.  I've had it for several years and dig it out as the season's change...especially in Autumn.  I devour every page which contain a combination of folklore, practical spells,  and a reverence for the simple joys we experience in everyday lives. It is really inspiring to follow some of the recipes and advice.

Amazon description of the book:

"The changing of the seasons can feel magical-greens changing to browns and golds, snow melting to show fresh buds. We all recognize these tell-tale signs, but few are aware of the powerful impact each season has on our spiritual lives. Four Seasons of Mojo infuses ancient techniques, rituals, and methods from around the world to use each season's inherent energies to supplement body, mind, and soul.

Designed to further spiritual practices by learning from neighboring cultures, this book provides readers with useful ideas unrestricted by geographic borders, ethnicity, religion, or magical path. Included are recipes and concepts from the Caribbean, African American soul food, Buddhist Meditation practices, sacred Hindu rites, Old European traditions, Australian Aboriginal dreaming lessons, and Native American wisdom."

Have a wonderful long weekend.

13 comments:

  1. "Four Seasons of Mojo" looks like a great book! I can see why it has become a seasonal tradition for you to re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The center has certainly filled your life with fun, friends and joy. How wonderful that it is a big part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just told hubby that I feel like I am still going out there to work. I get up in the morning, leave with people going to work. I really enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. We all have those days where even something we love to do holds no appeal to do it.
    MOJO sounds like a great read!
    Art class has to be one of the classes that many would like.
    One of the things that I love about our home is that it always has an autumn Halloween feeling with all of my witches and such decorating our kitchen and then there is my one room witch cottage.
    I like keeping the magick around :)

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one showed up for the class anyway. Guess everybody had the same feelings.

      Delete
  4. Autumn is an aabsolutely glorious season. I hope yours arrives quickly and fulfills its promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Autumn. Hoping soon here. So tired of the heat and humidity.

      Delete
  5. I love autumn too...all those wonderful golden and red colours!😊😊
    The book sounds amazing, just my kind of read...I will have to order a copy!
    Thank you so much for recommending it!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this book. Actually, I bought it twice. Once on my Kindle and once in book form.

      Delete
  6. The book sounds good …
    I love the Autumn, can you believe we are now into September!
    Hope you have a wonderful ninth month of the year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though the center is infuriating with their cancellations...what a wonderful place you have...it brings you the social activities that are so important in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Autumn! This book sounds really good! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete