Monday, August 12, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good Monday morning.  All is starting back to normal this week, but I must tell you about the wonderful time I had last week.  Volunteers were painting the senior center, the first time it had been done in years, so the parsonage offered the center their backyard.  The staff set up tables and tents.  I was a bit afraid it wouldn't work out because of the weather forecast, but each day the rain held off until we were all safely home.

I swear, they treated us like kings and queens.  Food was fantastic.  

 Cheers to the cooks.



On Tuesday we had BBQ chicken that was so tender it fell of the bone, a delicious homemade pasta salad, and a tossed salad.  Pineapple for dessert.

On Wednesday we had a hot dog and a hamburger, with buns, corn on the cob, and an awesome homemade coleslaw.  Haven't tasted coleslaw that good in a long time.

On Thursday they didn't grill.  We had roast beef, 3 bean salad, pasta salad, watermelon and ice cream.

On Friday we had 

And all during the day, staff and volunteers were walking about offering water, lemonade, or ice tea.  We even had live entertainment on Thursday.  I swear, the fresh air made me come alive last week.  I absolutely loved it.  Every day a picnic atmosphere.  Here's a few photos I took:


Took this one before everyone got there.  Other tables were set up to accommodate the 60 people who showed up.


One of the staff.  She works the desk and signs us in.  Was a nurse before retiring.


 Another staff.  Such a sweetheart.


 My friend Marie.  An ex-school teacher.


 Bingo under the tent.


 Calling bingo.


My friend Dorothy.  That's Ruth sitting next to her.  She always has to be near Dorothy.


Some of the other tables they set up.  In the rear table are two of my WW buddies.


Two of my other friends, Beatrice and Henry.  He is almost blind and sure does love to dance.

Went to Applebees and a movie for hubby's birthday yesterday.  Managed to surprise him with a Happy Birthday from staff and an ice cream.  


Southwestern Steak Salad and virgin Pina Collada.

So this week we are back to a normal schedule.  I'm going to suggest that we try to do this once in awhile.  It does all of us good to be out there in the fresh air.

Have a good one.


12 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful, summer week with plenty of good food and friends. It does not get better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if they would do this more often.

      Delete
  2. How beautiful it sounds and all of those wonderful people who made it possible to be together and share food and a great week together.
    Welcome Back 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They worked really hard to put it together for us. Every one of them is an angel.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I haven't gotten that much fresh air in a long time. Slept like a log every night.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was great. A couple of my friends went to a German buffet at a restaurant on Thursday. That's something you can do any time during the year. On that day we had live music. Their loss.

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday to your hubby.
    And a big hooray for a week outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful week. I hated to see it end.

      Delete
  6. Oh my! It looks and sounds like you had a most wonderful week with plenty of good food (love your pictures) and friends.

    Good wishes to your hubby for his birthday.

    Enjoy this new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete